Thursday, June 2, 2016

35.2

I promise more is going on in our life, but growing Lizard is the top priority right now. Soon we will be back to normally scheduled posts other than bump-updates.






Dr. Update:
So I had my 35 week appointments this week ( one with MFM on Tuesday and my OB today )


MFM finally gave her stamp of approval on induction.  I know so, cuz I received a call from someone at the hospital telling me I was scheduled. She gave me the talk about how babies born at 37 weeks have a 10-20% chance of needing oxygen supplementation, and yada-yada.. I said I accept the risk.
She had nothing to offer up about throwing up in the middle of the night while sleeping.. I booked 3 more NST's and one more ultrasound before departing for the hour and half drive home ( construction season is really bad on the commute )  I also had a NST and BPP ultrasound at this visit.


Today I had my visit with my OB.  We discussed what will happen when I arrive for induction.  ( cervadil , and Pitocin ) I reminded him that my previous inductions were quick.  His time frame has this spread out over like 18-24 hours.  I said I would be shocked if it took that long.


I also asked about the details when I arrive. Am I gonna be bed ridden, can I still move around, catheter, freely use bathroom, food etc.  Once they place the cervadil, I need to lay in bed for 2 hours.. then I am free to move around. He said ask for food as soon as I get there, as soon as I show signs of labor, they will cut me off.. Not to say I can't eat snacks I bring. No catheter, he just said go to the bathroom before they place it, cuz for optimal success it needs to be undisturbed for  2 hours.


We discussed all my meds ( really 3 ) but what I stop before induction, and what I have to take when.


He measured my fundal height, where Lizard proceeded to high 5 him -several times.


They did a swab for the Group B Beta Strep and since I was already in the position, he asked if he could check my cervix. Since I was interested, I let him. To his surprise he said her head is right there.  I was 1cm dilated, and 20% effaced, my cervix is soft.






The 5 things they are looking at for a "good" induction :


Dilation (how open your cervix is)
Effacement (how long it is)
Station (how low is baby)
Position (which way is it angled)
Consistency (how firm or soft)




He said I got a 4 out of 5 right now.. So that is a good sign for induction success.


How far along?  35.2 Weeks



Clothing? All Maternity --nothing feels comfortable.

Stretch marks? Yes. 

Sleep?  Very much interrupted == Just accepting no sleep.
Best moment of this week? Telling work my final day.

Worst moment of this week? Throwing up in bed.
Miss anything? Food. All forms of food. Just feel like I can't eat, to satisfy my appetite.
 Movement? Lots of Movement. I've said Lizard is coming out with purple hair and a nose ring she is so defiantly kicking and screaming in there. 
Symptoms? just tired, not able to get comfortable.

Food cravings?  Iced tea -- plain no sugar
Gender? Girl 

Labor Signs? Contractions here and there
Belly button in or out?  in 
Mood?  tired.

Milestones? work days measured in single digits.
Looking forward to?  Date night this weekend.. == Well I've told hubs it needs to happen, we'll see how he feels after long days.





12 comments:

  1. I hope that you get your date night. I am so sorry the throwing up thing hasn't stopped for you. I will keep praying for you guys. Cervidil sent me into labor all by itself, though even though my doula and ob told me it was possible, both of them seemed completely shocked that it happened. Glad everyone is on board and the induction is officially scheduled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeline. I've had good luck with cervadil and Pitocin before. praying the same again.

      Delete
  2. I had twins at 35 weeks who needed no extra care of any sort. Each baby is different, but we already know this girl is a strong fighter. She's going to be fine. Praying for you.

    PS.Like Madeline, Cervidil threw me right into hard labor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girls lungs are also supposed to mature quicker than boys.. so we have that on our side.

      Delete
  3. Prayers for you in these last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a safe delivery and a healthy baby! Many blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all these posts because you have been on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these posts because you have been on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FWIW, I had one baby born at 36w3d and another born at 37w1d, and they were both perfectly fine, and went home with us two days later.

    ReplyDelete