Thursday, August 29, 2013

16


Peanut is 16 weeks. All went well at our appointment yesterday. Hubs wasn't able to go, cuz of his stupid employees this week. He's on the hook in 3 weeks for our anatomy scan, and the beginning of our birthing classes.

So the appointment this week started out with the doc asking if I had any questions. I said yes, why don't I look pregnant! He giggled. Apparently my uterus is tipped back.. so it is growing into me instead of "popping" out. He said, you should be lucky, not having to wear maternity clothes for a few more weeks, etc. I said, good, then I will have a little more time to formulate what to say at work.. Procrastination!!
I didn't get in trouble for losing some weight.. not much ( like 2-3 lbs ) but none the less, he said, not a super big issue yet. This appt I had another new nurse/tech who scared the bejeebers out of me, when she was taking forever finding the heartbeat.. I told her, "peanut" likes to hide on the right side & she was searching searching on the left side. She finally heeded my advice & went to the right side. & boom there it was. in the 150's  

Boy or Girl ??? we find out in 3 weeks..

8 comments:

  1. How great! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. I'll keep my hunch to myself until then (I have hunches based on heartbeats...I know not everyone is the same, but it's fun if I am right :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that things are going well! I love that Peanut is hiding out and keeping a sweet secret for right now. But soon there will be no more hiding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting!! Ps, Peanut is also our nickname for Toddler Hebrews. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Peanut, too bad it might look weird on the birth certificate!

      Delete
  4. Yay! So glad all is going well! I don't know why doctors, nurses, etc. don't listen to their patients more...while we are obviously not doctors, we do generally know our bodies (and moms know their children!).

    Can't wait to find out if peanut is a boy or girl :).

    ReplyDelete