Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hypnobirthing?




So I found an article on Hypnobirthing & I am totally caught up in it.. Hypnobirthing  is pricer, than traditional birth classes, but seems so much more worth it.  The other way I look at it, at my age. I am lucky to be having one, and I want it to be the best experience possible, I want no regrets. The nice part of HB is they want you to take the classes early, so you have your 2nd & 3rd trimsters to use the relaxation techniques.  I wasn't too thrilled to be driving to the hospital ( 45 mins away) in the winter to take classes.. ( they want you to take within less than 2 months of delivery)

I read one bloggers experience with HB & she sounded happy with it.  Anyone else have an experience/class they want to share?



4 comments:

  1. Not sure if mine was the one you read or not, but feel free to email me about it! I am SO glad I did hb!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I read yours. If I have any questions I'll e-mail you.

      Delete
  2. There are no hypno birthing classes in my area, so I read the book and listened to various MP3 tracks throughout my pregnancy (and during labor). I had a great experience. I was even able to get our daughter's breech presentation to change to head down listening to the "turn your breech baby" track (I also did exercises suggested on the spinning babies website, and I think that helped too). This was by far my easiest birth, and I only wish I had known about hypno birthing for the other ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! We start our HB class in September. Told my husband we are going to special birthing classes, for us old people who need to be less stressed during birth. For some reason he thought our doctor should be offering classes for free, I said not the case. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete