Monday, October 14, 2013

Dear Andrew

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for having a nice sunny day for your funeral. The rays of sun shined down so brightly on your dad & I as we cried tears of joy. You are our angel watching down over us. Fr. Paul spoke so eloquently, he spoke from the heart, which your mommy loves.  He closed his eyes & the words just flow so peacefully out of his mouth.  Your grandma's cried, your aunts choked backs tears, your cousins all sat down on the ground  around your grave being so quiet. Your dad held me tight, he creid, I cried, but for tears of Joy, as you are in heaven. We held you one last time, before Mark so lovingly placed you in the ground. I didn't want to let go of you. . Fr. Paul sprinkled holy water on you. Gave you a final blessing. We said the Our Father as a family.  I put some flowers in the ground with you, they were a little from all the arrangements we were sent over the last week.  Just know your grandpa Ron is close by you to keep you safe. We placed you above his heart, I assure he'll wrap his arms around you, if you haven't seen him already. Your dad & I put the first bits of dirt on you to keep you safe, your great uncle stepped up & everyone else followed & everyone put a bit of dirt to cover you up. It was soo tender. I hope you know how much we miss you. We can't wait to meet you in heaven some day.

Love,
Mommy

9 comments:

  1. Big Hugs. I've been thinking and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day and your outlook is as well. God bless you and your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and touching. God bless you! Andrew is loved so much..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your faith in the midst of such terrible loss is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...completely touching and a true testament of faith and strength. God bless you, your family and little Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless you and comfort you and your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only think that Andrew let you have a glimpse of his joy, that you were able to have tears of joy on that day, as well as the pain. I have been praying for you specifically all week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tears and big hugs as you wait to see little Andrew someday.

    ReplyDelete