Monday, January 20, 2014

20 Days

Jan 1 - Jan 20 are days.. I'd like to not repeat. This year has been to a bad and ugly start. So if we can do a refresh, I'd like to start day 21 with a fresh attitude , fresh mind, fresh heart.

One of the ladies at work is back, the other is back (working from home), the co-worker who is really sick, won't be back for a while. She loved, that I made her homemade food & took it to her last weekend.. she said most thoughtful thing anyone has done for her. I wish I lived closer, that I could do it everyday.. or every couple of days, cuz having something homecooked, makes someone feel comfy & get better. I need to figure out something I can do long distance, cuz she is getting super depressed (not able to leave the house) the weather here is going to get terribly cold again.. below zero daytime highs. More Polar Vortex temps. She can't breathe well, so the cold just makes it worse.

The new stressor! I realize we have to take care of our older generations.. but I have 2 above me to take care of.. My grandma is in her middle 80's. My husband & I take care of most all little things around her house ( well big things too ) so every time it snows, I go over & shovel, cut her lawn, etc. Now my uncle & my mom are becoming more needy at their ages. So apparently being the oldest, is not all peaches and roses. So now I have to become the guardian(for lack of better words) for my uncle. Well make sure his bills get paid, he can take care of himself, he's just kinda like crazy uncle si from D.Dynasty..

Oh yeah, that big meeting, the planning is getting ramped up this week too..


I'm just thinking of warm sandy beaches to relax my mind.

5 comments:

  1. Praying that you catch a break soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true, we have to take care of the older generation and God bless you for recognizing it! I get so upset when I see older children not taking care of their parents and not wanting to be bothered with them. I get it, it's inconvenient and you want to live your life but geez at least help out in some way. I think you are going above and beyond and I hope others in your family step up and help out to so you can rest a bit. As your temps are going to start to drop again ours are suppose to rise again, it is so strange for us to be at and above 80 in January. I am scared for what summer might bring us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents live near my dh and I so I'm the one who checks in on them and calls them...I am close to them anyways so I enjoy talking to them. They still have each other right now...when that changes...we'll see what happens (meaning more care may be needed). My dh's dad is alone and he lives farther away..and yet..he depends on my dh to do a lot for him. My dh has a sister who lives closer to his dad...but it doesn't seem like she visits often or has that close of a relationship with her dad. I don't know...as he gets to be needing more and more...we do wonder what will happen. I can say one thing...if he thinks he's moving in with us...I might have to move out. I don't know if I could live with my FIL even if he was sick. Our home is not built for in laws to move in...we'd have to move. maybe a duplex?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Palm trees and sand and waves crashing on the beach. And don't forget drinking straight out of a coconut! Hoping warmer, happier days are headed your way soon!

    ReplyDelete