Monday, January 13, 2014

It's Pie time again.


It's getting to the annual Pie Contest time of year for me.

2 years ago I won. Here's the Picture/Post about it.

So this will be the 4th year of the contest.

Year 1, I made a Apple pie, I lost out points, because the pie had a crash on the way in to the venue.
Year 2, I made mixed berry Pie Pops. ( picture post above)
Year 3, I made pumpkin pie.  (I'll admit my crust wasn't so good )
Mind you everything must be from scratch, no boxes, no cans, just real wholesome ingredients.

So for Year 4,   ????????????????

I'm thinking upside down apple pie ( the upside down, is pecans in a carmelly sauce )

The pie gets judged on  Presentation, crust, flavor, and overall taste.

What is your favorite PIE ?

My tips for the best crust find a recipe that uses real lard, and vinegar.

1 comment:

  1. Those pie pops are adorable!!

    I would have to vote for either a coconut pie or a cookie dough & bourbon pie. Mmmmmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete