Tuesday, May 13, 2014

8 years

WoW.. can't believe it has been 8 years.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day. 


 
landscaping hands do clean up !


 we're trying to leave unnoticed.


 
 

My specific instructions to the flower lady, I don't care for XYZ ( calla lillies and a white rose bouquet), I would prefer something creative and not straight out of a book.
 It had so many unique flowers, I was elated!
 
Me & My Siblings.
 
 

  My one flower request.. lily of the valley.  too small for my bouquet.. so perfect on hubs. they are only in season for a couple of weeks. The year we got married they happened to just start blooming. our wonderful flower lady( who did the flowers at our church & did them for our wedding) had them in her yard, they are not something we can get at florists around here . She made him a second buttonaire for the evening made out of a single rose. Lily of the Valley would not last through all the hugging, kissing, embracing that would go on throughout the night.
 
 
 

hubs nephew the ring bearer sneaking a peek ( standing next to the priest )
 
 
 
 

 
 
The reception was movie themed, my husband loves popcorn & his dream was to have popcorn at the wedding.
 

 
So everyone walked in on the red carpet.. and some celebrities even showed up.
 
Even had to worry about the Papparazzi.
 
 
 

 
We had almost 280 people in a space made for 240.. So the 40+ kids at our wedding got to hang out with some cool clowns, balloon artists, and sweet ladies for the evening. They had games, crafts, and movies to entertain them while the adults were able to enjoy dinner peacefully, the kiddos joined us for dancing and dessert later.
 
Our Cake.. For Us & Us alone. The crystal figurine was borrowed from my sister & her cake.
flowers were left from the bridesmaids & groomsmen bouquets.
 
 
 

 
Our guests desserted on Cupcakes, Cheesecake, Tarts, Brownies, Magic Bars, Eclairs, Fresh Fruit, and POPCORN .
 
 

 
Chocolate Shot glasses.
 

 
 

Flowers on the tables . Orchids & Pink Lillies.
 
 Thanks for going down our trip down memory lane today.
 
 
 
Might I add, it rained the entire day !! I spent the week before my wedding planting flowers in the gardens outside our church so we could have lots of color for the outdoor pictures.. It torrential downpoured all day. My hair had to be 'reconstructed' from the original plan, because the humidity was just not having the original plan.. I got no pictures taken outside..  

If that was a precursor to my future, Let go & Let God.
 
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. Cool wedding photos/theme. I love how you handled the kiddos. We had a small (comparatively speaking) wedding with nothing in particular for kiddos, but I am tucking all these ideas away for when my daughters (God-willing) get married...and we will rock it OUT for the kiddos at the reception! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, when the time comes I have many suggestions!!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post about a beautiful day! I love your pictures, and what a cool theme for your reception! Happy anniversary to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love looking back at pictures of the day.

      Delete
  3. I love all the pictures and the theme is great! Thanks for sharing and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! Such a fun themed wedding. Thanks for sharing some of your favorite memories. Looks like everyone had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! I LOVE your flowers and the popcorn at your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! Wedding gift to hubs, was we got to keep the big popcorn machine. Excellent popcorn all the time.

      Delete
  6. Happy blessed anniversary!!! Your marriage is a beautiful example to many. Love the movie theme reception and Lily of the Valley...my mom's favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Waiting for the lily of the valley's this year, it's way too cold for them yet.

      Delete
  7. It rained all day on our wedding day too...the only place I got rained on was in the church...they had just put in new sky lights...and they leaked...on my dress. Oh well...I believe that rain was a blessing and as someone said so kindly "The sunshine is inside today." ...Looks like a beautiful wedding. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 8th Anniversary!!! All the pictures are so beautiful!! and your flowers ... WOW!!! I should have had a florist do mine. :)
    So many neat, personal, fun things about the reception - the popcorn, the dessert and the red carpet!! I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love ALL your wedding details! How fun!! Happy anniversary!! :D

    ReplyDelete