Wednesday, March 4, 2015

1st day back.

I survived..

In all honesty it wasn't bad.  I left for work & arrived 15 minutes earlier, than I would have normally done. Although we have flex schedules.. I try to make it in by 8, so i'm not expected to stay later than 5. Only one person was in the office before me !! yeah.. he was very nice; just said oh hey you're back; no big hoop-la.

I felt as though I was covered in prayers all throughout the day. ( I know I had a lot of people praying for me, which I truly appreciate, it makes difficult days like today, so much easier.)

As people started coming in & seeing that I was occupying my seat. they would come & just stand behind me & not know what to say. So I would say something like, do you need a hug.  I had a couple side-bear hugs from the guys.

I made it through the day no tears.

I will say, not everyone knows; I have to meet with someone tomorrow, who things i'm returning from actual maternity leave; cuz she said something like, oh wow, you're back so soon, guess you decided on the early return time.

I did not do anything super mind consuming.. although, I did have a few moments, where I was like, how do I do that formula.. and yes just as I thought, everyone was waiting for me to come in the door, to all of a sudden, need ... this & that done.. I support 5 people, so it was first come first serve today, fresh slate.

I've had a long night, cuz I was never able to meet with our accountant while I was off; so I have an appointment tomorrow after work.. So I spent this evening making sure I have all my ducks in a row. Thankful I did, cuz I forgot an envelope of receipts, so I've spent the last hour, entering them. So another long night tomorrow also.

I have to go meet with a HR director tomorrow. I work with her on a volunteer committee at work. We'll see how eye opening this is for her. I've told her I wasn't happy about the poorly worded HR policy about loss and leave. We'll see if she has a new approach to it. She is open to ideas, she first initiated a lactation room for moms to pump, long before they were required to.


I should mention, that I haven't run into the woman, who went on leave at the same time as me; another dept, but somehow always ran into her in the bathroom, hmm preggo bathroom time. I believe she's taking longer leave, but why wouldn't she, she has a sweet little girl at home. Don't know how I will handle another preggo on our floor, but for now, I haven't seen her.

The only thing I was eery about today, was seeing the thank-you posted, that I had sent in to the department. I want to take it down, but left it up for now.


+Peace+

4 comments:

  1. Glad it started out okay; will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time, glad you made it thru day one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made the first big step by returning to work! That is so huge! Hopefully that other woman who had a baby will be compassionate and keep her baby talk to a minimal. If you need too, walk away. You need to heal and take care of yourself. Praying for you as you get through the days.

    ReplyDelete