So today started the St. Joseph Novena. I use the reminders from Pray More Novenas to help me out.. If you are bad at remembering, like I am check them out they will send you a daily reminder with everything you need to pray the novena. Easy Peasy !!
So my god-incidence that I know it's working ( the prayers )
I have specifically asking intentions for my husband.. so he find the same Peace I'm at with losing David. I know he accepts, but I don't think he's at the same level I am yet.
So when I was folding laundry this evening.. my husband came up & asked me if I could put a shirt & pair of pants in the back room ( the nursery ).. &he thrusted them out to me. I asked do you need them hemmed?
Quietly he said no.
I said what's wrong?
He said, I can't wear them anymore.
I said, why do they not fit?
A little teary eyed, he said no.
I said, well what's wrong..
He said, too many memories, I looked puzzled for a second, in our dimly lit basement laundry room. Then I realized OOOh, this is what he was wearing when David was born. I said OOOH.. okay. I'll put them in the back room. He asked if we could go shopping this weekend. I said sure.
This was his go-to favorite shirt & comfy pants. That he can't wear. How did I not see this.
It's good though, that he can tell me these things, instead of keeping them locked inside.
Looking forward to 8 more days of prayers for our husbands.
So glad there is fruit to your novena! I remember when we lost Nicky and what I was wearing when they rushed me to the hospital. When my husband washed it (he did the laundry, etc during my first weeks of recovery) and folded it - I saw it and threw it in the garbage. He had no idea but I vividly remembered it. So glad you can be there to support him!
ReplyDeleteI had purchased an outfit for the hospital this time.. once i realized I was no having the delivery I had "dreamed" of I settled & wore the hospital garb, so glad I didn't ruin that special outfit at delivery; where i wanted little memories of.
DeleteThis brings tears to my eyes...I often think my husband is forgetting Lily. I feel that way because he just doesn't have the same reminders I do or maybe it's because I don't ask him enough. This story just shows how much our husbands hurt too...in a way I think they hurt more because it hurts them so much to see their wives hurt and know there is nothing they can do. I love sweet stories like this though because it shows that he loved just as deeply...we forget how much our husbands hurt too.
ReplyDeleteIt's also a reminder, that men process things so much differently than women do. I really feel bad that my husband has had this bottled up for 7 weeks now.. that it took that long to get this out of him; but at least he was able to now..
DeletePraying for you both, and thankful that he was able to communicate this with you!
ReplyDeletethanks.
Delete