Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Prepared

I think  I am prepared to return to work tomorrow.




I know that someone will say something that will make me want to cry, and I probably will.

I know that someone will put their foot in their mouth more than once.

I know that if my son were here, I would still be all cozied up in the house, I would  not be returning to work in a snow storm.

I know there is a big box of Kleenex on my desk.

I know I have to return to work for the health insurance.

I know I have to return to pay for all the medical bills we've endured.

I know I have to return to have a savings built for future TTC endeavors.

I know it will not be easy.

I know I will be watching the clock, for lunch, then for end of the day.

I know I can make it through the day.

I know when I come home, my husband will have a glass of something waiting for me and a giant hug.

I know I won't accomplish much at work tomorrow. 

I know being gone for six weeks, seems like an eternity to some, to me it seems just like yesterday.

I know I will have strength to get through the day, I will have someone walking along side me all day, to help me through it.


+@+@++@++@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@++@+@+@++@+@+


I've had some sweet co-workers e-mailing me asking me if I'm ready to come back.. so my answer is I need to get back to some sort of normal. For me that is work.  Do I want to come back, not really, but I know I have to.

In the last week, my biggest preparation exercise for returning to work, has been getting up at the time I would normally need to get up, getting dressed like I am going to work, and going to daily mass. When I return from daily mass, I have breakfast, and instead of changing out of the work clothes into something comfy, I have been staying dressed in work clothes. ( I have to dress for work, no jeans, no leggings, no sweats). This has been a great help in mentally preparing me for the days ahead. The one reason, our office has never changed to casual work environment, they are firm believers that when you are dressed up, you feel and work differently. After doing this for a good week at home, I can say I believe it. My attitude is completely different.



22 comments:

  1. Good luck. Maybe you can have a shortened schedule to ease back into it? I only had a couple of weeks off. it was hard. But, like you, I knew I just needed to get back to some sort of normal, so it was healthy for me to go back when I did, even though it was difficult. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. Normal is crazy hours.. I made it though

      Delete
  2. Prayers for you for tomorrow. I can't imagine there would ever be a point of feeling completely "ready", whether you had 2 or 6 or 16 weeks off... I hope tomorrow goes as well as possible,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily, I felt like I was covered in prayers all day today

      Delete
  4. Hope your first day back is better than expected! Sounds like your co-workers will have compassion. I like the idea of dressing up for work as well. It does change your perspective. I know when I dress up more for church I feel more prepared to pray and show the Lord that I am present. That He is important. For my job, I work with young children and I sit on the floor...it's best for me to wear casual clothes. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. I will be praying for you and thinking of you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been praying for you all day here today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you today!! You've been in my prayers, I hope it's going well enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope it went ok. I can't imagine having to go back to work after only six weeks, what a good way to prepare for it. Hope it went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete