Monday, July 2, 2012

Berries are in Season.

Berries are in Season. But trying to be good and not add sugar, or dairy to them. What the heck do you do with them.. besides eating them plain.  I don't want to miss out the berries this year.  Blueberries, Cherries, Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries.

When I was a kid, we had a huge garden, that we grew raspberries & strawberries . and my great grandmother had black raspberries in her yard.. When they were in season we picked collander size bowls a day for weeks.  We mixed berries in our yogurt, made jam, pie, fresh..  Everyone's favorite was a chilled pie mixing fresh berries with a couple containers of yogurt & a carton of C.ool Whip. & put the mix in a graham cracker crust.. chill for about an hour.. Delicious.   Unfortunately now, none of those are on my diet list.
I am really missing yogurt lately.. so someone recommended I try Almond Milk yogurt.. I didn't care for the taste at all !!

Any berries suggestions welcomed.

4 comments:

  1. Make smoothies!!! I have one every day and they're so good for you. I have two tablespoons of flax and hemp seeds in mine at the recommendation of my Napro naturopath. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum,. I always did smoothies with yogurt .. but will give the flax & hemp a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a smoothie with almond milk yogurt and I couldn't even taste it!

      Delete
  3. Eat them plain. You will like them. Sugar/dairy has altered your taste buds. When you start eating healthy, you will eventually appreciate the flavour of the berries, they will be a real treat!

    ReplyDelete