Wednesday, July 18, 2012

current go to meal

So my quick favorite go-to-meal right now is a fresh veggie omelet.


What makes it easy, is when I get my famers market basket on Saturday, I take some time either Saturday or Sunday & cut up some fresh stuff, so I can grab & go during the week. Also use a non-stick pan. I have yellow squash, zucchini, tomato & spinach in this one.  The squash & zucchini, take a little longer than the rest to soften up, so they go in about a minute or 2 before the others. while they are cooking, I mix up  2 eggs, in a small bowl.. if you are watching your cholesterol, cut back by one egg yolk.   When veggies are good & sauted. lower the heat a little & add in the eggs. & keep the eggs moving to get them cooked good & thru.  If you are allowed dairy, feel free to add a little cheese at the end..   Here's my finished product.. ready in about 5-7 minutes.



3 comments:

  1. Yum! Cutting things up on Sunday is so key! I used to do it, but have been off the wagon lately...
    (remember, egg yolks from fancy free range omega hens contain beneficial fats!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks YUMMY!! And easy! I love it! It's going on my meal list. :)

    ReplyDelete