Wednesday, July 11, 2012

for all the Kale lovers

Here's a recipe for the Kale lovers out there.

Quinoa Tabouli with a bunch of Kale and Parsley!!!

  It’s quick to prepare & gluten free

 1 ½ C Quinoa –soaked for 1 hr, drained, rinsed, brought to boiling with enough water to cover by ~3/4 in to 1 inch, add 1/2 t salt, cover andsimmer for ~7 minutes. Allow to sit in pan covered until desired texture is achieved. Allowe to cool. Refrigerate if needed... until ready for use.

1 large bunch parsley
1 small bunch kale
1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
1 small-medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C olive oil
1 medium tomato, chopped
½ C feta cheese (omit if avoiding dairy)
Salt to taste

Put cooled cooked quinoa in big mixing bowl. If you have afood processor, process kale and parsley until well minced. Add that and otheringredients to quinoa. Toss it about to mix. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juiceover mixture. Toss about again. Eat and enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Good idea to add kale to tabouli! (Tip -you don't need to soak quinoa )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! I'm so going to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made quinoa but I do like tabouli! We buy kale ALL the time for juicing but I've never done anything else with it. Maybe it's time to try ;) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete