Yeah.. so if you've been following my story. You'll know that I just suffered a miscarriage. My little sister, is preggo, & due a month before I was. She is coming home the first of February for her baby shower. ( she lives on the East Coast now ) She is having a little girl.
My other sisters consider me to be the creative one. ( well normally I am ) but not really feeling it right now..
You understand !! I knew you would, you get the whole miscarriage thing!
Well I (me & the other 2 sisters) have to throw the baby shower.. Invitations were ordered ( i don't know what they look like , except they said they are grey w/ pink& purple on them )
Okay! Anyone have any cute, unusual or trendy baby shower ideas.. it will be 2 weeks before valentines day too(if that gives you any extra ideas). So i'm looking for decorations, favors, games, gifts for the shower guests, food suggestions.. ( it's a 2pm shower). If it were up to me ( and in the next week, i'd be ordering mc.donalds & slapping some stickers on a bath & bo.dy works soap & calling it a day) But I know she deserves more, I just don't have any creative juices right now.
The last shower I hosted, it was in the summer & we had an array of fresh salads. mini sandwiches. lemonade & iced tea..cup cakes & lots of desserts. The room was decorated w/ little baby clothes on a clothes line. Everyone took home " teas" that said a baby is brewing, - - - - ya da ya da. the tables had flowers on them. the people who won games, got big gift baskets of summer stuff.
Thanks for your ideas in advance..
I wish I had some ideas for you, but I am not one of these creative, decorative types. Praying for you, though, as you prepare for this, because it's a tough time to have to do it!
ReplyDeleteThanks CM!!
DeleteI am a baby shower avoider so I am not any help. I will pray though! This is just my 2 cents but the other shower you did sounds great, would it be in bad form to just do the same things or mostly the same things?
ReplyDeleteThanks Kat.
DeleteI can help. I have lived my life/ baby shower dreams through all my preggo friends. ( I have kind of been like a "dance mom"... only for the opportunity to experience the baby things not dance lol.)
ReplyDeleteI will email you. And you have been in my thoughts and prayers during this tough time!
Thanks Morgan, I got your e-mail. I will need to get moving on some of these ideas.
DeleteI would be the type to steal things from Pinterest. But the other shower you did ... I like the ideas you did there. Could you have your sisters do more of the work if you came up with the ideas? I can't imagine how hard this is for you. I will be stepping up prayers for you. And if I see anything as far as ideas, I'll let you know.
ReplyDeleteI have busy searching p.interest today. (the last shower w/ the cute ideas was for another sister) I try to not make them cookie cutter the same.. Since we know this is a girl.. I am thinking like cupcake theme? Sweetie pie? or a book theme. The invites were ordered & ask everyone to bring a book instead of a card. I found some ideas to have the food match up to different kids books. ( like give a mouse a cookie, Green Eggs & Ham -deviled eggs, hungry catepillar- fruit salad , etc. The game(s) had to do w/ kids books..
ReplyDeleteUm...do you have to help? Can you other sisters take the lead on this one? I skipped all baby showers while IF. And a miscarriage is worse...
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Can you other sisters take the lead on this one? wishful thinking, but won't get done, if up to them. They are doing the invitations & I will make them do all the shopping.. They are being super helpful, but not the planner/get it done types.
DeleteI am so very sorry you are dealing with this right now! You have definitely been in my prayers and I will pray extra given the added stress of a baby shower!
ReplyDeleteI really love the book idea! Do you have a Half-Price books or cheap bookstore where you live? You could get some books to decorate the room with that way. Also if you want an inexpensive, whimsical way to add color to the party, search Pinterest for tissue paper poms. It sounds like the other shower you hosted was wonderful! I know how it is to host a shower when you are IF but really want to do a good job and I know your sister will appreciate your efforts! I'll continue to pray for you!!
Actually lucked out, someone gave us a big box of kids books, for the book sale at church. We looked thru that & found several books that would work. Good reason to go w/ the book theme, I think. OOooh tissue pom poms.. yeah might have to do those!!
Delete