Friday, June 28, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

1. Feeling much better on the Poison Ivy front. Still some itching going on, but much more manageable.

2.Now the peanut growing inside of me, has made me quite queasy lately, but not in the morning.
 Drinking some ginger ale does the trick, but I really have no appetite. Hubs was confused when I came home with a bunch of half eaten food from lunch yesterday.. I said wasn't hungry after I started it. He was like WHAT's WRONG, you always like food. I have my desk at work stocked with a bunch of healthy treats, that help me get thru the day, if I am having a tough time with normal food.  Been living on almonds, dried cherries & goldfish this week.

3. 10 days til vacation & we get to meet my new niece.. She'll be six weeks when we get to meet her.

4. My mom/stepdad & grandma left yesterday to go visit my niece, so that is 2 extra houses to watch while they are gone. Mail to pick up, yards to mow, flowers to water..

5. I have about 18 flats of flowers left  to plant. Some customers have been slow about getting repairs done, near the flower beds, so that we can plant. July seems really late to be planting, but things could be worse. 
I hope to get about 10 flats done Saturday..  & the rest will be evenings next week. ( hubs will be out helping me so don't worry i'm not doing crazy work by myself)

6. Just sent my donation to Cari at Clan Donaldson for Dwija's families needs.Hope you have a buck or two to spare. I just got a bonus for a project at work &  donated my bonus to them. + who wouldn't want to help out another Michigan peep !!

7.ending with a picture.. excited to be on the east coast in 10 days to get some more pictures like this

visit.  Jen at the Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing much better on the poison ivy front! That picture reminds me of Ireland, not that I have ever been. Where was it taken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beach/marsh area on Cape Cod...South of Sandy Neck in the Twp of Barnstable.

      Delete
  2. I hope you take it easy with all the work that's going on! Busy, busy, busy!!!
    Love that goldfish are something that you eat to make you feel better ... I love 'em too.
    I hope you have a great vacation! Hopefully the temps on the East Coast will be not too hot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your vacation! Hope you're feeling less queasy soon!

    ReplyDelete