Friday, June 14, 2013

Coral, White & Purple.

So my husband used his phone a friend (me) for a project last week. He had a call from a business he's been courting, to plant flowers. Sounds easy! So I like to be thorough as to not have any confusion.
On the phone she just kept mentioning, the owner, does not like, red, white , blue combinations okay.. sounds fair.. then oh yeah, she's not a fan of pink either.. okay., big blow..   So they lady says.. well just plants some begonias. I said but you don't want red, white, or pink.. she says.. yeah.. find some coral ones, she likes coral..  WHAT .. coral. .they don't make coral she says, oh i'm sure you can find it.
So I go to the greenhouse, and I am looking at fields of flowers, that look something like this picture.

In my head, i'm saying,, i'm a sooo screwed.. no red, no pink, no blue, no white, no red, what they don't make coral begonias. ( for the record I didn't think they would) .  SO I take her samples of red, pink & white, just to make sure none of them looked "corally"  Nope. The only thing that came in coral was something they couldn't have Impatiens, because they had planted them last year & they got all diseased, so they aren't supposed to use them for a couple of years.   So of all these beautiful colors,  red, pink, purple ( looks too much like blue ). I'm allowed to plant yellow & orangee.. uggghh.. I roll with the punches, but it just seemed like my creativity just got stiflled a big bunch .  So after we plant 30 flats of flowers & I make 3 giant container gardens for the front door.
 I get a call from another faciilty they want us to plant their flowers too. Uggh.. but when I visit the second facility she's like  NO YELLOW. no red, white,  blue combinations, and no pink.  What!!
So i bring her the begonia combinations, ,she's like but can't you get it in coral.. we go thru the whole coral dilemna again.  This lady having worked for the company  a little longer & more assertive says.. well. that doesn't look as red as i think.. we are gonna call that coral..  & you can use white. and the blue we'll call purple. OK. just no pink & no yellow.   She already had bought planters for their front door.. ( that were RED, white & BLUE )  the owner didn't like the red, made her take it out of these gorgeous planters & something more corally.  I have never had soo many discussions about colors & plants & what colors they don't want..  When the plants mature a little i'll post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment