Monday, June 3, 2013

flat out of ideas.

A lady I work with is becoming a US citizen on Thursday.

She's lived her since her late teens, just has never got around to it.  She's in her early 60's

I would like to do something, since it is a nice achievement..

Anyone have any suggestions? Right now I'm thinking some decorations from the $ store they have all that wonderful patriotic stuff out now.

Anyone have any red white & blue dessert ideas..

4 comments:

  1. How thoughtful of you! I know I've seen cake ideas in the shape of a flag with blueberries for the stars part and raspberries for the stripes and you just use cool whip for the whole top part first and put the berries over it. Super easy and cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was plum out of ideas...work can sometimes fry my brain

      Delete
  2. Not sure if it's too late - but cheesecake with strawberries and blue berries is always a favorite around our family on 4th of July, Memorial Day, etc.

    And then there are these two ideas I recently pinned (hopefully this doesn't go to Spam)
    www.visualphotos.com/image/1x8395910/frozen_fruit_skewers_in_an_empty_champagne_saucer

    www.melskitchencafe.com/2012/06/brownie-fruit-kebabs.html

    So sweet of you to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am going to figure something out with fruit, cuz she really loves fresh fruit. I got our secretary to make her famous sugar cookies & she will put red , white & blue sprinkles on them.

      Delete