Monday, September 15, 2014

Laundromat

It's been a long time since I've had to do laundry somewhere other than home.

We brought back a lot of laundry from the cottage . I guess I was over zealous & sick of the funk, so I brought back all thr bed linens, including comforters.  These are only double beds at the cottage & we have a king at home. No thought that they might not go in our extra large washing machine at home. Hey my king stuff all fits. 

Well the full size comforters are extra fluffy or something. So I was left with no option but to go to the laundromat. I don't want to take them back next week dirty. 

The last time I was at a laundromat, it was like 1.00 a load& 75 cents to dry. ( maybe not the super size machines, but they can't move that much more) I stopped this morning on my way out to go weed some customers, though maybe I'd use the "convenient" drop off service. Pulled in the lot & realized I forgot the soap & the vending machine was broke. So I went & weeded, went home got soap & came back. 9.75 for the machine & it would only fit one comforter & I have 2 to wash. So I called hubs he said to buy new ones. ( men) so he told me of another place that has been advertising new machines & machines that can wash all size comforters.  Ha!!

1st the machines are in no way new! Maybe new to this place, dirty

But I was able to get the giant machine for only 22 quarters. ( still way too much )
 
The dryers super dried.. it only took 20 minutes to dry those big giant comforters. So they are folded up & ready to head back to the tundra this weekend.. Yes crazy us is going back to finish closing. The luxury of having no kids, everyone thinks, we LIKE closing up the place..They are sadly mistaken~!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment