Monday, September 8, 2014

In the news

So this piece of. Local News has been hot for the last week or so.

Just one quick comment from me & my little section of the inter webs. 

Let me start by saying I just got back from visiting my cousin & her wife and their twins girls. Not because I approve of how the twins came about or their mommies relationship, but because they are little humans who did not make this choice. They are here & i don't want to regret not meeting them. I am not a supporter of that lifestyle but you can't deny human beings. 

My grandmother in her 90's made the choice not to visit with the littles while They were in town, because she does not support their mommies lifestyle. Her choice. She also is lying in the ICU as of last night. I don't think my cousin did the situation justice by choosing to not visit with her grandmother & the littles great grandmother.  What I'm getting at is this story hit home.

So back to the news story. 

I worked at a church for many years almost 10. I had to sign a morality clause just like this catholic school teacher did. I support 100% what the school did. First of all they offered the teacher paid medical benefits until she delivered her child, which shows they care for human life. Teachers who are role models for impressionable young ladies have to take their roles seriously. The school did what every school, church, etc should do if you signed a morality clause. 

What needs to be fixed in this situation is the students protesting. Their must be some serious moral issues in the school, if they don't know what basic catholic teaching is. 

When I worked for the church, I worked with ladies who openly admitted to using birth control. Another who was having an affair. Nothing was ever done to them. Shame on the pastor. 

Please pray for the school, that they can continue to have a productive school year, and not let this scar ther school. 

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, the students protesting says a lot about the school--and the parents. What a sad situation. It drives me nuts when people get so upset about this sort of thing when the employee *signed a morality clause* !

    ReplyDelete