Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Vaca To Canada photo dump

Thought I should share some pictures of our trip to Canada, because we are headed up for another short jaunt this weekend to finish closing the place up. ( AKA brining strong nephew, to help take the dock out, since I'm a wimp ( well dr. won't let me lift anything))

I hope this helps with why I say going off the grid.

This is our "guest" cabin ( 2 sleeping rooms)

(main cabin - 1 bedroom, kitchen, bath, and open room)

(boathouse-but not on the lake & boat doesn't fit in it, I just go with the names they call things, I don't question it anymore-- most people on the lake, have their boathouse right on the water & you store your boat in it )

Different view of Main Cabin - yes needs work.
 
view from top of property. it's steep

Peanut & I -- jet-ski'ing ( I had dr. permission, no going fast )
hubs got to full throttle it.
 
dock w/ all the rocks around.

this is about 4-5 deep very clear, very calm ( most of the time)

 
View of shore, from dock.
 
Looked pretty, can't remember the name of them

'
bad attempt at a selfie.

one lane bridge on & off the North end of the Island

dock & water at night.. it was cloudy at sunset.. and then it started to clear up.

last morning there.. finally sunny.
but water is not calm-means bad weather coming.

Clouds to the North.
 
 
30 miles south of our cottage when we were waiting for the ferry, the fog had rolled in. This is how the weather was most of the time we were there. Nice then bad, then rainy, then cloudy.
 

The island we are on is called Manitoulin.. we are on Lake Manitou.
Very secluded, very good for the soul to be away from it all. I came back rested and refreshed.
 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it looks so peaceful! I love how clear that water is too!

    ReplyDelete