Kicks COUNT.
So Count your KICKS.
Wish I had read more into this, when I was pregnant. Doctors kinda just assume that you know what kick counts are... So if your doctor says count your kicks, ask Doctor, what should I look for !
So most people should start counting their babies movement ( kicks ) in the 3rd trimester. Was never mentioned to me til I was 35 weeks.. at that it was just kind of a final thought, but no deep explanation of what to do.
Most healthy babies should take less than 2 hours for 10 kicks. Every baby is different. Keeping track of your daily kick counting sessions will help you know what is "normal" for your baby. Notify your provider immediately if your baby has not moved 10 times in 2 hours or there have been significant changes
Here are some helpful tips when you question, are you being over protective or a worry wart.
When Should I call my provider ?
False information -- ( which I fell victim of ) --Do babies kick less near the end of pregnancy
NO !!
Toward the end of pregnancy the baby may move differently. You may feel less kicking and more rolling. However, if you are monitoring the baby’s movements at the same time each day, it should take about the same amount of time to feel 10 movements. Call your doctor if you notice a significant change in your baby’s movement patterns or if you do not feel 10 movements in 2 hours.
Trust your instincts, if something doesn't feel right, get yourself into the hospital IMMEDIATELY.
Don't wait till the morning, or till your next appointment.
For more information on Count the Kicks click the link. They have downloadable charts, they have an app, make sure everyone you know entering the 3rd trimester knows this!!

That was the app I used. (And it's still on my phone funny enough.) This was one of the things my OB was big on. I even had to show my kick count chart at each appointment. I am a little surprised (and very sad) they didn't for you. Thinking of you tonight.
ReplyDeleteAlso, my Husband's cousin's wife is very good friends with one of the Count the Kicks gals. I have definitely benefited from her frequent Facebook updates about counting kicks during her 3 pregnancies. I think I will share it too, maybe someone can benefit from me. Thanks for putting this in my mind.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this! It's good info. My midwife during my first pregnancy told me all about kick counts, but I have had providers since that never mentioned them, though I always keep track. When I was pregnant with twins, no one in my high-risk doctor's practice said boo about counting kicks the whole time, which surprised and somewhat bothered me. This kid I'm currently carrying drives me nuts. His pattern is quiet day, busy day, quiet, busy...and on quiet days he sometimes really freaks me out. He's been like this since I first started feeling his movements, but I think as time goes on I worry more and more about quiet periods, since I've made it this far (36 wks).
ReplyDeleteGrow Baby Grow !!!
Delete