The first full week back to work came in like a lamb and out like a lion!! Nice and quiet by the end, hectic.
Just a lot going on.
So my dinner tonight was an epic fail. In all honesty the charred mess that was supposed to be chicken, 2 minutes before this looked perfect. Something flamed up in the grill & flames started shooting out of it. ( hubs was in charge ) I was trying to finish some things in the office. Sooo rice & veggies were ready. So I tried again, this time in a pan on the stove.
So on top of everything , I've been managing the repair work at my grandma'a house. Basement flooded in November. So when the carpet people were going to install in December, they couldn't because she had asbestos tile, so it had to be professionally removed. So everything had to come out, cabinets, countertops, etc.
Before flooded
Mid way -- new wall installed, cabinets are dry set.
I painted the walls this past week.
So freshly painted, cabinets installed, countertop installed, caulked.
I have to schedule the carpet install now. Then we have to move a lot of stuff back in. My grandma will be back in April.
Please don't make me show you the walls. She painted the cinder block walls yellow. Canary yellow. Omg!! Hence why I decided on antique white for the new drywall.
So on top of the Reno project. I am working on a mailer for our business. 1700 postcards that have to be addressed and stamped.
So just a few little things to fill the evening hours.
I am looking forward to this holiday coming up...
Have a good week my friends!!






Been a long week and I am just now catching up! A dry kitchen is a good idea for a basement. Has me thinking... The basement looks like it's come a long way.
ReplyDeletethanks Madeline.. a few more days.. and carpet will be installed.. it will look more complete then. ( i'll post pictures ) ... yes I don't know how much of a selling feature a second kitchen will be in a house.. but the basement has been left open for parties.
Delete