It has been tough watching all the first communion photos. all the kids making first communion, we're the first children born to people, who were married at the same time as us. We had a boom, in our families and friends, of weddings the year after we married. Most all had honeymoon babies. One is expecting #6. All have more than one, and none are in the same boat we are.
It's a very lonely boat to be in, one that's not even catching any fish. Nothing seems fruitful in this boat. None the same struggles as us. They have their own struggles, big enough house, car, van.
For so long, we have always purchased a vehicle to accommodate, the hopeful. We sit here on the third, family size vehicle, with just 2 occupying it. Guess it's good, I just leased this one, in another year, it will be another big gamble, go big or go fun!!
I made a resolution, to not live in the what "if" we become pregnant. I am determined to live in the moment. If preg happens, I'll deal with the bumps, and ruts along the way, but I'm not going to put life on hold.
So we made a bucket lost of sorts for the warm weather.
Attend an outdoor concert
Drive in movie
Picnic outside, heck maybe even sushi
More fishing, who cares if we catch anything
Kayaking, may require purchase of a kayak
Buy dock for cottage
Go to cottage, go when it's nice, instead of when it's good for everyone else's schedule.
Plant a tree for our boys.
More work outside in our yard.
Beautify our space.
Walk to the cemetery. Maybe even run there.
Got anything on your bucket list for the summer.??
I have a friend who decided to learn a new skill every five years. Right now she is on her 5th year of learning to play the flute and she is thinking about wood carving next. I personally always wanted to write a si-fi book, but being a performing musician, there's just never time.
ReplyDeletei think we all suffer with "time", i'm trying to learn how to schedule in time for certain things. otherwise everything is work-work-work.
DeleteThat is a good list! I hope you can accomplish many things. Definitely inspiring me to make a list of things for this summer. :) My wish for you is that you'll be able to find a way out of the loneliness.
ReplyDeleteWorking on it, looked at trees, and worked in the yard this weekend. I have a little bit of a tan to show for it.
DeleteWe tried a summer bucket list last summer and we did a few things but mostly forgot about it. Maybe this summer we will write it down and try harder. I really do like the idea!
ReplyDeleteI need to put mine in a prominate place to remind me.
DeleteLove this list, especially going to the cottage when its warm, even if it is just you and hubby! It is so hard to be on the sidelines, just learned a friend who got married after us is expecting her third. It is hard to always be left behind. My goddaughters first communion was this past Sunday, so I had the same feeling.
ReplyDeleteWe usually end up with the weeks when school is back in session, hence.. cold at the lake.
DeleteI love your list! I may have to steal the idea and put it in a blog post for things I want to try to do this summer. It's always good to have something to focus on the goals of what I can be doing for the summer. I know that this Spring has been an interesting one in terms of some of those same things you are discussing; friends who were single at the same time I was struggling with it expecting 3rd children and their first kids going to school, etc.
ReplyDeleteCant' wait to see your summer list.
Delete