Blank Canvas.
Slowly over time, many plants, trees, bushes have died off one and two at a time.
Why does nature do this?
I know you've heard someone say to you after a miscarriage, it was God's will, or it's natures way of telling you this baby wasn't meant to be.
Have you ever heard anyone say, that it's God's will for a tree to die... No..
So why is it okay for someone to say that about a miscarriage?
So soon this blank canvas will turn into something, minus the retaining wall, minus the moss. Soon to be full of life again, with some fresh mulch to sustain it.

I don't think that the canvas is entirely blank. The soil has been changed by what had grown there, even for a little while. There's a depth there, though perhaps not seen, that has an effect on all that comes after it. Not all that different than our minds, bodies, and soulls. Althought not seen, profoundly different by what came before.
ReplyDeleteSo very true Donna.. I guess I'm having a hard time lately seeing the life deep within.
DeleteWow. Donna's comment is beautiful and so true. There will be something new in that corner of the yard that contains within it part of the life that has been there before.
ReplyDelete