Friday, June 5, 2015

I am not Cookie Cutter



Had to break it to my doctor that I don't fit in his cookie cutter patient mold. 

I told him that I need to start being treated outside the mold, outside the box. I said telling me I've had bad luck with the last 3 pregnancies is not acceptable anymore. I said I'm not getting younger. 

So after my Wednesday appt. I have an updated med list; get back going on metformin, baby aspirin, new prenatal. Liquid vitamin D, amoxicillin, b6, mucinex. Maintain a healthy diet ( for me that means no gluten, no dairy) goal to get 3 days of exercise per week. He said to drag my husband out with me to exercise. 

He wrote a script for karotyping. I also have to take serum hug, at the end of the cycle, before they can issue a script for femara. 

The MFm specialist I saw Monday,ran many blood tests, thyroid, and thrombophilia tests. 

We wait to see what those may say. 

What I left my doctor with, I am not your average patient. I am not your rare patient, I am very unique. I need them to accept and treat me outside the box. Look under every rock. 

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good advocate for yourself!! Way to go. I will praying that all turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you spoke up for yourself and got treatment and testing. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete