Friday, October 26, 2012

100th Post

WOW. I started blogging just over a year ago. I didn't think I would have the determination or much to write about, after about five posts.  I guess I was wrong. 

I have learned so much about infertility, treatments, protocols, life experiences from everyone's blogs.

I should be super happy that we are finally pregnant for the first time ever in 6 1/2 years. I feel sadness that not more IF bloggers are making the transition too.  It still doesn't feel real yet. I still feel like an IF'er. 

I don't know if God was listening, but I had my heart set that this was the last cycle, that I was going to take all the pills, vitamins, and try. The na.pro doctor I was seeeing wanted to do surgery and I didn't want to. So I figured I was at the end of my road.

I saw my OB yesterday for the first time since Dec 2010.  He was a little shocked to see me. He hasn't done NaPro training but sees  a lot of NaPro patients.  I asked him to do NaPro training, he says he's super busy.. I guess everyone is.. but I said to him, without it. I wouldn't be here.  When I pulled out my colorful chart, he smiled. He calmed all my 'current fears. He told me I was doing great.. He said I was too early. to do an ultrasound. I'm only 6 weeks. . So I am going back next week for an early ultrasound.  Just to make sure everything is good. I told him his office staff really stresses me out. ( my blood pressure & the traffic was evidence of it ). He recommended I make my appointments at his small rural office. He said the only thing I will have to come to the main office for is ultrasounds.. I told him I could deal with that. It just means that I will commute over an hour for appointments. I told him starting next month my husband can come to appointments & it will eleviate my stress of driving ( I have come to dislike freeway driving ). He gave me uninterrupted 15 minutes with him, in the office yesterday.. I asked all my questions unlike the nurse who.. just referred me to the bag of pamplets she handed me when she bounced in & prounounced. guess what you're pregnant.. I was like,geez I knew that.   Why were their samples for 12 different pre-natal vitamins in there ?  So confusing.. I said what about the prescription I am already taking. she says to me.. well try them all..  . The doctor said.. just be firm with the office what you want when you call.. he said I am always here to answer your questions. He assured me that if I go to the small office.. That I will only have to see one other doctor  & that he WILL be there for the delivery of this miracle. Their big office has 6 other doctors. that I would have to rotate in with. Several of which, I'm not too happy with their ratings on the doctor rating sites. My doc has an A++ record. We had a nice conversation about pregnancy diet.. I said I was super worried about eating the right things.. since I have just lost 50 lbs. and had been on the restricted diet.. of no gluten, dairy, red meat etc. We talked & he made me feel much better, his exact words were, eat what you want, you know what is healthy & what is not.  He said now if you start having adversions for cheeseburgers 3 times a day, then we'll talk but otherwise.. keep doing what you are doing. He said I was very lucky to not have any morning sickness, or be exhausted.. He said you must be doing something right with the diet. I have so much energy.. that I'd say 50% of my Christmas shopping is done and tonight I might start wrapping it.

I will be praying for those IF'ers out there still longing for a child, however that child may come to them.

7 comments:

  1. Your doctor sounds wonderful - so glad he is such a blessing to you!

    Seriously, you have Christmas shopping done? (Heck, even started?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you found a dr that is so willing to listen and give you the time you need! And I'm still so excited for you that you're pregnant!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you! I'm glad it was a good appointment with the doc. It sounds like you're doing a great job caring for yourself (and little one) with your diet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sounds awesome and genuinely excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you and your hubs! Can't wait to keep up with your journey!

    ReplyDelete