Tuesday, October 2, 2012

how to be happy & sad in one day.

happy news: I got to watch my nephews tonight, while their mom & dad went to look for 3 year old birthday gifts for E.

I know I should be happy for my sister in law, but I just can't muster up anything inside of me to say congratulations. She had baby #8 today.. Well.. she's my husbands older sister. She only calls, to tell us either that she is pregnant or had a baby.. so we hear from her about once a year. Since we have been married she has had 4 kids.  I don't begrudge her. but Having this many pregnancies is taking a toll on her body. the last 2 have come earlier & earlier each time.  Today started with an FB message that her water broke, but she wasn't having contractions. Later in the day. someone posted that she had a baby.. but no further info.??? really.. & oh no name for the boy.. ( we found out that it was a boy from someone else) .. We still haven't received a call telling us she had the kid.. that will probably come 2-3 days from now.. One would think she's on vacation with someone else caring for her 7 kids.   Okay.. I'm probably being a little mean.. but she knew we were starting w/ a NaPro dr. & she calls like 3 weeks later, oh yeah by the way were pregnant.. her youngest at the time had just turned 10 months.  I feel selfish praying for just one healthy one.. when she's been hogging all the good baby news. . . .  I just feel like giving up..

3 comments:

  1. OY. She sounds (um, trying to be polite here) hard to like. Maybe things would be different if she didn't share ONLY the baby related news but instead some other things? But seeing her number on the caller ID would just make my heart drop ... what is it this time?
    Don't feel selfish praying for a healthy baby. And don't ever give up hope. I keep praying for you to become a Mama soon!
    I guess she would know if you hid her account on FB? I hated reading when my BIL & SIL posted all their baby photos, comments, etc and I would read them and want to hit something.
    I wish there were more I could say or do. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up!!! I know you want to and this is super hard... This is the hardest part in my opinion of the whole infertility thing. As if it isn't bad enough that ifers can't seem to have babies it seems like some people get all the baby luck. Please know I am praying for you right now. Its so hard!

    ReplyDelete