It's a
There will be about 40-50 kids.
Last year we had 6 stations of games..
*St. Patrick's shamrock toss ( cornhole game -- decorated with shamrocks)
*St. Cecilia's musical chairs. ( the chairs all had the name of a saint on them ) we pulled the name of a saint & that person was out, until the next game started.
*St. Therese's rose toss. -- tossing silk roses into a kids basketball hoop..
*St. Francis' animal golf - I found a mini golf game at a garage sale.. set up it looked like a putt-putt course, the only problem is the boys, started using the plastic golf clubs as weapons.
*saint BINGO.
* sixth activity I can't recall. -- probably a coloring station.. ( means it wasn't super busy )
Anyone have any suggestions of their favorite All Saints day games/ activities.
It's only 1 month away.
I don't know how I could top those games!
ReplyDeleteI like the cornhole toss ... that would have been something I would have suggested ...
Do the kids dress up in costumes? Can you have a parade of saints or give out prizes for the best dressed, most obscure, etc?
Oh my goodness! I didn't realize that it was only a month! I got nothing helpful, but good luck.
ReplyDeleteYes the kids dress up as their favorite saint. They do a parade into mass in costume and after they go to mass, Father, sits down with them all & they stand up one at a time & state 3 things about their saint & everyone tries to guess what saint they are.. If the kids are stumped Father usually gets it.. The kids usually get pretty elaborate with their costumes. I have to dresss up too.. I'm going as St. Gianna
ReplyDeleteThat sounds really cool! You're so creative with those games.
ReplyDelete