First and foremost.. thanks for reading. If I tell hubs about this latest call from the OB's office, he is going to tell me to find another doctor.
I really do love the OB.. he is super nice, kind, sweet, & the kind of person you can trust.
His office staff on the other hand is none of those. Maybe I'm a little hyper critical on them, because, I did a lot of medical training in college, but after 2 years of schooling, decided that wasn't the field for me..
This all started last Friday. I was in the office on Thursday for my 6 week appt.. ( yes I know early ) had to explain this 100 times to the office people. Every single one of them said we don't see OB patients til 8 weeks. I said. my Na.Pro doctor out of state wants me to be seen/ verified at 6.. Well they don't understand Na.Pro & they couldn't comprehend that someone might seek a doctor outside of their office.
After I saw my doctor on Thursday, he said schedule an ultrasound for next Thursday. Which I did. & I'll see you then. The horrible phlebotomist drew blood (what she was drawing for she wouldn't say ). I still have the bruise to prove that she butchered me. So on Friday, one of the nurses from the office called me at 1:52PM. The office closes at 2pm on Friday. I didn't recognize the phone number, so I didn't answer it. By the time I called back in 2 minutes, they had already shut their phones off for the weekend. The only message she left was. Congratulations you're pregnant ( they must have a bunch of slow people there, cuz I've been told by 5 different people I'm pregnant ) Geez I know.. give it a break. Then she says, the doctor wants you to schedule an ultrasound this week, she says so call right away, cuz they are super busy. She says oh yeah your labs were good. ( which lab did you run )
So I call on Monday ( cuz she said on Friday it was urgent I call right away ). She says oh your labs were good.. I said what labs, she says.. oh yeah what's your name,, so i can look up your chart. so after she fumbles around. She says oh your progesterone. I said great what was the #. she says.. well the doctor said it was good.. I said again,, what was the #. ( the Na.Pro ) doctor asked me to e-mail it to him, when I had it run again. She says oh well it is 40.. okay.. Thanks I say. She says but he wants you to schedule an ultrasound. Then she says.. why are you having one before 8 weeks.. Instead of getting into a long conversation w/ someone who doesn't care, I said, because he wants to be sure everything is okay.. Then she's like well why wouldn't it be? So then she starts typing on the computer.. well we have an opening on .... Wait you are already scheduled for one..3:30 Thursday. Why did you do that.. I said Thursday when I was there & he told me to schedule one. She's like oh well okay.. you are good then.
Fast Forward to Wednesday. 9am.I received my "reminder" phone call (from a live person in their office) about my 3:30pm ultrasound on Thursday. Great.. see you then. Fast forward to 3:20pm on Wednesday. Hi, Doctors office calling. Um yeah.. you have an ultra sound tomorrow.. I said, yes, thanks for calling.. ( I almost hung up, cuz I thought it was a second reminder call ) She says.. yeah..well our ultrasound tech only works til 3pm.. I said okay.. she says.. so when do you want to reschedule for. ( there is never an apology, or sorry for the inconvenience ) The funny thing was.. the 3pm slot was booked, when I scheduled mine. I think they had a cancellation.. so instead of saying would you mind coming in a 1/2 hour early.. No! they make it out like I booked something wrong. So I still don't get if the lady works til 3pm.. how she is going to do me at 3pm.. but whatever.. Cuz that's when they re-booked me for. So now I have to get up for work even earlier. so I can leave earlier to go there. This is a regular occurance at this office.. which is why I'm going to see him at the other location, but I have to do my ultrasounds at this office.. I am toying with writing a letter to the practice manager.. but I don't know that it will make me feel any better, cuz I feel if I write a letter, that they need to make changes & if they don't it's useless.
Tomorrow is the last day, a bunch of bosses are gone at work,, So I can fly out of here under the radar.. So If I had to reschedule for next week, it would be more noticed. Gonna be interesting, cuz I will have to go there in 2 weeks for my nurse OB appt .. My blood pressure I can guarantee will be high.. cuz of those crazy idiots. I need to work on my stress level, when I visit them. anyone have any suggestions. I think I might rock out to some S.irius X M on the drive to the appointment tomorrow.
Oh, man! That is so frustrating. Have you tried talking to the Dr. about all the office craziness to see what his response is? I'd be honest and say, I really like seeing you....but I'm not sure if I can continue to have to deal with all this office craziness, etc. I'd be curious what his response would be.
ReplyDeletePPIW . I actually did, on my last visit, he's only in the office w/ the ultrasound machine 2 days a week. the rest he is in another office further out. I will see him for all my OB appts at the other office, but the crazy office, is my only option for ultrasound appts. It was super funny cuz when I was talking to him about it, he moved himself in the rolling chair in front of the door, so the nurse couldn't come into the room during the conversation. He basically told me to bear with this office. I know he wants to go off on his own, but it's a huge leap to do it.
Delete