Thursday, October 18, 2012

........distaste

So.. the napro doc's office called this afternoon ( after I e-mailed early this morning )

I had labs run on Monday, per his request & he was very strong in saying that I have them done right away. I did. Tuesday. no call , Wednesday no call. Thursday??

So the nurse says.. oh the doctor wants you to go in & repeat your labs.  right away..  well unless I can leave in the next 30 mins I won't get to the lab in time.. ( which is probably not going to happen )  So I said well it will be tomorrow is that ok.. she says fine.. I asked was their something abnormal or high/low about my last ones.. she says i don't have any idea.  Frustrating.  So I said do you know why I am having them redone. she says, cuz the doctor wants you to!  He's a really nice & educated doc. but, you can never get a hold of him. I think i was super lucky to get a response from him on Sunday in about 15 minutes of sending him an e-mail.

7 comments:

  1. Are you just having them redone because he wants to see if the HCG is doubling? That is usually what they want to to do, because a sign of doubling within 48 hours is a good thing. (So, if you are having your 2nd draw done tomorrow - then it would be closer to 96 hours (I think) - so they would will probably want to see the HCG at least 4 times what it was on Monday.) Sorry if that was confusing - or maybe you have already had the 2nd beta done and there is another reason he wants the labs redone. But I don't get why she wouldn't have access to your original beta, that is weird - I would think it would be in the computer. Hmm...

    Good luck and Grow, baby, Grow!! P.S. Thanks for sending me the link to the job opening, it is not in my area, but I appreciate you thinking about me, that is so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so frustrating! Sometimes the receptionist or other staff in a NaPro Dr.'s office don't know much about NaPro at all. Prayers for you and baby! What JBTC said, grow baby grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crazy and frustrating! Hope you get a little more info soon! Praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freak out for nothing.. I rec'd an e-mail from the doc.. & he cleared up all my questions. my HGC On monday was 459 & Prog 33.8.. tomorrow it will be 96 hours later. but wants me to have it tested again, to make sure it's growing like it's supposed to. I guess the good thing is, for now. I don't have to take progesterone supplementation. He wants me to have an ultrasound at 6 weeks. So I have very little time to make up my mind about what local doctor I want to go with. Choices #1 ProLife Doc ( 45 min-1 hour commute) or local hospital 15 mins away.. Did I mention none of the catholic hospitals here, have ProLife OBGYN's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all the second round of tests come back with great news! I'm so happy for you! Saying prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and hoping that your little one continues to grow and that God will give you peace of mind and direction about which doctor to see. Is one of them better than another? Would your local hospital give you the progesterone supplementation if you needed it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The close doctor would be totally new to me. The further one, is super nice, but far & his hospital does not have a NICU. I will have no problem getting progesterone if I need it.

      Delete