CSA Week #2
1 yellow onion
1 Large head of Romaine Lettuce (much greener than the grocery store stuff too )
1 Large head of Red Leaf Lettuce
1 bunch of garlic scapes
1 big bag of Kale
1 big bag of Baby Spinach
bunch of scallions
large bunch of radishes
bunch of rhubarb
Asparagus
soo far the rhubarb has made it into Strawberry Jello Dessert for Mothers Day
Lettuces were set aside for Mothers day dinner.
Need to find a recipe to make Kale Chips.
my sister took the scallions for a mexican dip she was making.
The asparagus, will be served on Mothers Day.
garlic scapes??? in our CSA group, someone said to use it in stir fry..
Radishes???
I never liked Rhubarb. Then I had rhubarb pie (I think). Whatever it was, it was DELICIOUS! I really need to figure out what that was ....
ReplyDeleteRadishes ... not sure about that. They are bitter. I always pucker up.
Yum! Garlic scapes can be used in anything that calls for garlic, but the flavor isn't as strong as garlic. Soups, stir fry, meat flavoring, etc. Radishes are good in salad slice really really thin, or if you don't like them that way you can have them in stir fry too. For kale chips, I put a piece of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet, lay out the kale and sprinkle with olive oil and sea salt (come to think of it, shaking the kale in a bag with olive oil and sea salt, then laying on the cookie sheet would probably get a more even coating), cook on 350 until they're crispy, turning over halfway. I have burned them a few time, but they're still good.
ReplyDelete