So a month or so ago I wrote about a new NaPro person in the local area.
Well all was not as it appeared.
After several e-mails (none of which were returned)
and 2 phone calls. over the course of several weeks.
We come to find out she is a FCP. in the medical world she is a Physician Assistant.
I am huge on first impressions. ( I was not impressed with how the office handles her clientele)
When I finally talked w/ the practice manager, she had to call me back to ask the practioner, what her actual training /certifications were. When I was an anonymous person contacting them, I got no call/e-mail back. When I used my "name", I got a call back in 48 hours . (still not quick enough for me).
My FIL is an advisor for this Catholic practice. Only once they knew my name did I get a somewhat quicker response. They did offer a "free" 15 minute consult to meet the new FCP. ( but not allowed to ask any "case questions"). I told my FIL that I wasn't switching FCP's to go to her, he asked why? 1) I said well first, she's not working in a practice w/a NaPro doc, the office said she consulted to the doctor in the office w/ her questions, I said well what NaPro doc does she refer to & they couldn't answer me. 2) I told him, generally when "we" IF people have questions, they are of an urgent nature, and nothing that they have done, shows me they know how to handle an urgent question. 3) She's a good start for an area with no NaPro, but for someone who's been dealing with it for a while, I don't want to go back to Point zero with her. 4) I feel she's using NaPro as buzz words, without a whole lot of substance behind it. 5) Never once did she call me.. I don't want to be doing everything thru intermediaries.
He did let me know that his Organization, is working with some area hospitals & practices to try & bring a new OB/GYN to the area that is NaPro trained.. Soo if you know anyone OBGYN doc.
I'd like to think I'm not the reason, that he's putting effort into it, but I know it's partially why.. but he's also imprressed with the technology & the work going on w/ NaPro.
to sum it up, I'm still using my same FCP, not switching( even though she's on maternity leave) She was soo excited to find out we were due 3 weeks apart.. She happened to be in our doctors office, the day we found out Sammy had passed. She is super supportive. & I will still be using our out of state 4 hour away. NaPro Doc. It's nice to know that locally there is a resource If I need, but I don't think I'll be dipping my feet in that anytime soon.
whomp, whomp that does sounds disappointing. Hopefully that office will be able to get their act together to help others who are just starting out w/ NaPro.
ReplyDeleteOH I'm sure the comments I made to my FIL will make it back to them. I may run into the doctor next week at a charity event,& he may bring it up, but I'm not afraid to tell him what I feel.
Delete