Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Anniversary # 7

It's hubs & mine 7th Anniversary today.

He is the peanut to my butter, the best to my friend & the milk to my cookies.
**********************************************************************
You ask how are we spending our anniversary....
Well I'm going to CCD tonight.. ( only 3 weeks left )
Hubs is working late, so we can go to a baseball game tomorrow night ( we got free tickets)
He did come & wish me happy anniversary before he left at 6am..

We didn't get to take our honeymoon unil October, the year we were married, which will probably be around the time we get to take a 7-year anniversary-honeymoon.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, having 2-3 years of slow business, I will take it when it comes.. & now it's like a monsooon..  We roll with it..


I have some advice for anyone engaged or thinking of marriage.
1. Don't get married on a Holiday weekend ( like Mothers Day, Valentines, or Christmas)
2. Flowers Will be triple the cost, for your wedding, and for subsequent anniversary gifts. ( if you get  married near Mothers day, Valentines day & Christmas)
3. You will be guilted into attending Holiday gatherings, when you would rather be alone w/ your spouse. (Being IF, makes it doubley hard to go to Mothers Day gatherings on our anniversary too )
4. If your spouse is an accountant, don't get married near April 15, if your spouse is a teacher, don't get married near the last week of school, or first week of school, if your spouse is in landscaping, don't get married during his busiest time of year.

We picked our wedding date, closest to the 6 months from when we got engaged, and to accomodate the hall & caterer.. .. I still like the date 5-13

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you and your DH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 7th anniversary! Lucky number 7! And good advice about the wedding date, ha ha, we got married Memorial Day weekend but thankfully flower prices usually aren't inflated! And May is the BEST month for weddings, don't you think? =) Here's to many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Anniversary!!! We got married in May too - around Memorial Day so I get this. And I agree with ecce fiat - May is the best month for weddings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY 7th ANNIVERSARY!!!
    I love your advice about when to get married! I'd never thought about the cost of flowers - SO true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!

    I'm gonna say June is the best month for weddings ;) - and I do agree about the advice. I was a teacher and got married a week after the end of school for the students...and I missed the last 2 days for teachers (didn't go over well) so I could go home to finish up the last-minute stuff.

    ReplyDelete