Thursday, November 14, 2013

Have you ever noticed

When I got my new Tahoe 5 years ago, it seemed like EVERY car I saw on the road, was another Tahoe. I guess I had blinders on before that. I thought I had purchased something very unusual and then BAM it's everywhere.. Well so it seemed, or maybe my eyes were more open to seeing other vehicles like mine.

So where are you going with this!

Well my eyes have been more OPEN in the last month or so, to people experiencing the same things I have recently been through  i.e. miscarriages/stillborn.  It hurts every time I read or hear of someone going through that pain.  It seems like everyday another lady is getting devastating news like their child has no heartbeat, or they are going into labor too early, or they start spotting.

I have been trying to re-read  "After Miscarriage" by Karen Edmisten to know how I can help others going thru this, and to help in healing myself.

Although I don't want every page I turn or blog I read to be another sad discovery of somone's loss, it's the unfortunate reality to some women. I have to say it, but I wish they would spend as much money on finding a cure for miscarriage, as they spend on birth control research.


From the book of blessing;

For those who trust in God,
in the pain of sorrow, there is consolation,
in the face of despair there is hope,
in the midst of death there is life.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. It makes me soooooooo sad to learn of all the heartache so many women carry silently in their hearts, after experiencing miscarriage or infant loss.

    ReplyDelete