You don't think about it much til it's gone. Not getting much done on my to do list, because of the bad storms & the lack of power. So I'm going to cut up the treats, I made for the bake sale at work and call it a night.
**Update** we've been without power for 14 hours now. I slept about 4 hours last night, between the howling wind, the hum of generators, and random text messages. Our power might be back on tonight at midnight, is the estimate, but with 250K people out of power in our area, my thought is unlikely that it will be back tonight. I am still waiting to hear if church has power for CCD tonight, if not.. when I get home, I'm building a fire.
Update #2 --Power restoration is going to take a couple of days. My clothes for the reception that I am flying out of town on Thursday for, are captive in the dry cleaners who is also out of power!! I have ingredients for 2 desserts, that I won't be able to make now, for Wednesday's bake sale at work. Getting used to curly hair now, the results of no hairdryer.
How did they do this before electricity.
No comments:
Post a Comment