Sunday, February 9, 2014
February 9, 2014
Four months have passed by, but it still seems like yesterday. I relive the moments of my sweet Andrew almost everyday. I had a lot of fears, going into knowing that your due date(2-9-14) was in the middle of the winter, and prayed that their wouldn't be a huge snow storm, when you decided to arrive. I even pushed to do our birth classes early so we didn't have to travel to the hospital an hour away, in November/December, because I don't like driving in it.
Who'd have thought I would have made that hour drive on a day in October ( in labor ) all by myself. I was nice and calm, which is why 2 doctors and a host of nurses thought no way could she be in labor, thanks to hypnobirthing. Something kinda like a superwoman. I had no bag packed. We hadn't really discussed names yet, but when you arrived so little & they let us hold you, the nurse asked did we have a name, and I quietly said nnn.. and your dad piped up & said Andrew Ronald. Your dad can be indecisive at times.. so I was glad he had an answer.
I still pray for another child, but God has not blessed us with another saint yet.
If you would take a minute & say a prayer to St. Gerard, for those who are expecting. There are a few, who've been in my shoes, that are in the expecting now, that I pray for daily, I pray so that God may protect your little blessings. Those who have experienced loss of a child, or infertility, who know how hard it is. I pray for strength for you each day, some days it's not easy, to leave it in God's hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I just love how you are remembering your little boy today...such a testament to how precious life truly is. Praying for you as you continue to heal.
ReplyDeleteThank you !
DeleteThank you for the reminder to pray for all those who are expecting. I'm praying, too, for you and your husband as you remember baby Andrew.
ReplyDeleteThank you !
DeleteHolding you close in prayer today K! Oh sweet Andrew, pray for all of us! St. Gerard, pray for us!!
ReplyDeleteThank you !
Deletewhat a beautiful reflection. thinking of you and your sweet little one today.
ReplyDeleteThank you !
DeletePraying for you, my friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteThinking of you today as you remember back to the precious life you carried inside. Certainly it has to be an incredibly hard day, but we are all upholding you in prayer.
ReplyDeleteThank you !
DeleteA beautiful tribute to Andrew. Many prayers for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you !
DeletePraying for you tonight!
ReplyDeleteThank you !
DeleteAndrew is one loved little boy. Jesus bless you and your hubby.
ReplyDeletePraying for you, your husband, and Andrew. Hugs as well.
ReplyDeleteThank you !
DeleteSorry for the tardy, delay in responses, I got them all but it's been a rough week & this is the first time I could get on the computer to "reply". Everyone's thoughts and prayers have been very much appreciated this week.
ReplyDeleteAlways keeping you in prayer - remembering baby Andrew in a special way tonight. <3 and (((((((Hugs)))))))
ReplyDelete