Sunday, March 29, 2015

Tags


All these are from new clothes I've worn in the last week.   Don't think I'm gloating. I feel cursed by all this weight loss. Nothing fits well. I bought a couple of staples to get me thru til spring arrives. 

I feel comfortable in my big clothes, but I don't feel comfortable. Got it. 

When I look in the mirror, I don't see someone who has lost weight.

 But I can see it in clothes, I see it in my face, but I feel like the same person. 

Does this make sense.  

I wish someone aka hubs would say more affirming things. Compliments go


I don't know if because I'm around him everyday does he not see it? 

This shall be an interesting dinner converation. 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! It is a little odd, though, isn't it? Our brain doesn't quite fit the body for quite some time. This weekend I am going to get rid of some clothes that have been too big for 2-3 years. But they were my size for so long, that it's felt like a mistake to get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! I totally get the mirror and scale not matching up with what you see and feel. When I'm heavier its hard to get it into my head that I'm not smaller, and when I'm lighter its vice versa. It just takes a while to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! My dh doesn't compliment a lot either but I think I'm bad about complimenting him as well. I need to work on that! I love buying new clothes in smaller sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up! Hubs actually has come home in new glasses and I didn't notice until he told me--ahem a week later! LOL

    Congrats on the weight loss! I shop at the thrift store for clothes because it is the only way I can afford to go through all my sizes and afford it! ha! I do think I also enjoy the hunt! I got the cutest talbots dress for Easter! I'm actually headed there today because I do not have any clothes that match my size. I have to try on 800 items to possibly find one but I truly do not care if I ruin them either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!! Men are weird. I don't accept compliments well so now my husband doesn't do it often, which is my fault. Hopefully he notices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! I really think it is true, we don't always feel like our size!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband never notices anything, so you're not alone. You look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete