So I found out today, that G, who has been married about 2 years, is pregnant.
She was adamently on BC, because she does not want children.
I get that people change their minds & she is married, but she obviously does not care about her unborn child. As she has posted so many pictures out drinking in the last 6 months. She is about 17-18 weeks.
I get that people change their minds & she is married, but she obviously does not care about her unborn child. As she has posted so many pictures out drinking in the last 6 months. She is about 17-18 weeks.
When we were pregnant. We got a bunch of flack for discussing baby shower logistics. Now for her, it's no questions asked, carte blanche.
I found out from someone else, today, about an hour before the big FB reveal, but my husband hid it from me for the last 2 months, he was told that long ago. He was trying to protect my feelings. Probably has something with his mood to TTC now ( non -exsistent ).
The best part of the last week, is another S called about helping with a party, but really didn't discuss it too much when I shut her down. The first party she was talking about was a birthday for someone else. She went on about how I'm so organized & come up with the best ideas & themes. (yes I do) but I flat out told her not helping, because none of her familia have apologized for what happened at Christmas & I'm not in a position to do any of them favors. So now I realize what the real party was that they needed help with ( baby shower ) which they already have a date in mind. Hmmm sad, because mine was an afterthought.
I realize I'm super sensitive to the whole thing right now, but none of the family is sensitive to us, nor recognizing our child(ren) in heaven.
I found out from someone else, today, about an hour before the big FB reveal, but my husband hid it from me for the last 2 months, he was told that long ago. He was trying to protect my feelings. Probably has something with his mood to TTC now ( non -exsistent ).
The best part of the last week, is another S called about helping with a party, but really didn't discuss it too much when I shut her down. The first party she was talking about was a birthday for someone else. She went on about how I'm so organized & come up with the best ideas & themes. (yes I do) but I flat out told her not helping, because none of her familia have apologized for what happened at Christmas & I'm not in a position to do any of them favors. So now I realize what the real party was that they needed help with ( baby shower ) which they already have a date in mind. Hmmm sad, because mine was an afterthought.
I realize I'm super sensitive to the whole thing right now, but none of the family is sensitive to us, nor recognizing our child(ren) in heaven.

:( So sorry this is happening. It is so hard when others, especially family, don't try to understand the pain we experience. If I were in your position I would probabaly not help with any parties for them either, I would attend but I wouldn't be the organizer. Prayers and (((hugs))).
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry - that all sounds really, really tough. =( I imagine it's especially hard because of your SIL's no-children attitude (at least originally). Prayers for peace and comfort.
ReplyDeleteOh how awful! I am so sorry you're family is behaving this way and that they don't recognize your children in heaven. I have no advice just commiseration. Many prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am so. so. so. so. sorry. I wish I could say something to make this whole thing suck less, but I don't. You have my prayers and (((hugs))).
ReplyDeleteOh my K, this sounds horrible. I am sorry you have to continue to experience their insensitivity. Prayers for restoration of peace and harmony in these family relationships (and that they come to their senses).
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry! That hits so many sensitive places all at one time!
ReplyDeleteThis just sounds like the worst, ugh. What a rough situation.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so unfair! How INsensitive of them! :/
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. All of this is hard...the pregnancy announcement and the lack of recognition for your angel babies. Not that I am an expert (AT ALL), but have you seen the book "Tear Soup"? Maybe your family needs to read it to understand what you are going through. The elementary counselor gave me a copy of it when some friends were going through a big loss and just last week I realized, "Hey, this totally applies to my friends who have lost babies." Worth a try...it is a short read as it is written like a children's picture book. Tear Soup: A recipe for healing after loss Story by Pat Schwiebert and Chuck DeKlyen. Illusttrated by Taylor Bills
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. Pregnancy announcements from others are always hard, but this situation just sounds down right impossible to face. Sending love and prayers.
ReplyDelete