My eyes started to sparkle, when I saw the name on the caller ID.
Dr. G at 8:09PM
Only to be greeted by a new nurse, who was working late, because she has tomorrow off. Dang it !
Majorly disappointed!
Is it bad that I saved my Dr.'s cell phone # in my phone, because he called me that one time after a surgery & didn't block his phone #. Just once I wish I would get enough gut to just call him.
This playing cat & mouse with nurses is driving me batty !!
The best part, is she really couldn't do anything for me, because the entire off is shut down, but she was making her last few phone calls so she could go.
This all started 11 days ago, when I sent a fax requesting a refill on my progesterone. Let's step back to, after my last visit with him, I said he had to be ALL or nothing for me, I was sick of calling the NaPro doctor for prescriptions & blood draws & going to him for all the local stuff. I told him he had to be on his "A" game, told him point blank your office people drop the ball A LOT..
When I needed the refill on the progesterone, my mind wandered A) Should I just e-mail my NaPro doctor & have him do it B) make an appointment w/ the New NaPro doctor C) stick it out with Dr. G . Soo I opted for C. I wrote everything out on the fax, because he's never prescribed these to me, Dr. P had done it before.
So a couple days go by & I check my online pharmacy portal, no prescription yet, weekend comes & goes and I get busy. 8 Days after my fax I get a call from the office.. Famouse for calling outside of hours, she called me during their lunch hour, so, I couldn't call back & talk to them. Her message stated, they got my fax from the day before ( hhmm well it was a week ago ), and that the Dr. had approved my refill & they would send it to my mail order pharmacy. So my refill just reached the pharmacy today. I get an e-mail stating that it's not going to ship for another week ! What! Why I don't know. So needless to say, I don't have my progesterone for when I need it. So who knows what kinda crazy cycle things my body will do without it. So heading into TTC part of the cycle, I figure probably not wise to TTC without progesterone support for it.
So then comes my dilemna that I need to contact the doctor to get my Femara refilled. So I call the sweet receptionist in the far away office, to ask her if she knows if the doctor has been ill/out/sick/what the heck took so long to get my refill? She says sorry !! She doesn't know, but they have some new nurses. She must have mentioned something to the doc, cuz here I have a call back in a day.
So the Dr. Won't fill my Femara, until I have HCG drawn, & oh the sweet girl who called me at 8:09 tonight, can't schedule the blooddraw, because she's the only one working, so i'm going to have to call back tomorrow & try to explain this to someone all over again! I did get the answer to how many cycles can I take Femara. 3-6 cycles of consecutive Femara. I assume he figures I have been on Femara since December ( becuase that's when he gave me "approval" to DTD after our loss.) Since he didn't call & they didn't ask,the reality is that I've only taken it 2 cycles & none of those cycles, were actively TTC, because of hubs working stupid/dang snow storms.
So if you're on this same wave length as me now, catch my drift, I probably won't be having a 2014 baby. The window this cycle is gone.
So yeah, if it is to happen, I will be officially in my 4-0's if God Grace's us with another child.
Darn. From the post title, I was excited to see some happy, good news. Sorry that it sounds like the office dropped the ball again. I am sorry that you missed the window this cycle. It is hard always thinking, "If it happens this month, the due date will be _____." We all do it, though. It is enough to make a lady crazy (for me, anyway).
ReplyDeleteFor whatever reason I've checked the "due date" thing only my last 2 cycles, but that could be cuz, I have a big birthday coming up this year.
DeleteSo frustrating!
ReplyDeleteVery !!
DeleteSo frustrating! Why is it that Drs. offices usually have the worst service?!
ReplyDeleteI seriously don't know. I have thought for a while, I could go into business, doing undercover doctors office visits, so the doctors could see how their "office" treats patients.
DeleteROARRR! This makes me mad for you. I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting me rant !
DeleteThis is the worst part of IF. :(
ReplyDelete