Sunday, January 25, 2015

To my medical professionals

I saw this today..  and it hit home.

Letter to Doctor  I did not write.. but was written by Rebecca at onepinkballoon.blogspot.com


This goes thru a lot of the emotions of a stillbirth, that new doctors may not be aware of.



My sweet doctor called this evening, he's just returning from being on vacation, and at the March for Life.  He even left me his home phone to call him at if I needed anything.. seriously this guy does that!! I decided not to call him back ( didn't answer, cuz his call came up as unidentified), we've had many talks, and he has a large family & values his time away from the office, he rarely takes true vacation time.  I said I totally agree, being a business owner ourselves, there is very rare, true time away, that you don't get calls for someone needing something. I made the decision to wait til Monday, office hours to call him back & let him know how I am doing.






3 comments:

  1. I am glad your doctor called you. I have been thinking about you and praying for you everyday. I try to imagine what these days are like for you guys, and all I can do is offer a prayer for you. David and his brothers pray for you, too, I am sure. Heaven will be a beautiful reunion for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your doctor called you. I also had that experience, though my loss was at 20 weeks, he was there to comfort me and check on me and it meant a lot to me.

    I'm glad you'll call him back, too. I'm still praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so glad that your doctor has been so wonderful. Nothing fixes it, but what a gift that he cares that much.

    ReplyDelete