Friday, January 2, 2015

Road to Peanut Week 35.

The road to "peanut" will come to an end sometime in the next 4 weeks.

He has been given an eviction date (2/3 - Feast of St. Blase) by his loving doctor, if he doesn't decide to come out on his own earlier. My EDC is 2/7 .. so early is okay with me. My doctor doesn't want me to go into week 40 or beyond ( because of the specialists fear that because of gestational diabetes baby can get large) Although my doc, doesn't think my baby is getting "big" at all.  I lost another 1 - 1.5 lbs since my last appointment. Doesn't mean baby's not growing, just doesn't show the pattern of a GD mom who rapidly gains weight in the last month. ( I am only 2.8 lbs over my starting pregnancy weight )  My GD log ( daily blood sugars ) shows I am keeping it (GD)  very tightly controlled. ( which is a very tough job )

Peanut has passed all his NST's with flying colors & we had our Group B Strep test today.

My doctor says don't listen to the ultrasound techs/other docs I run into while at the hospital; some have been rather cynical lately; ( I got to see dr. cynical again today, when I was in for an NST ) my doc said to just ignore him, or tell him you appreciate his concern, but I am being well taken care of & monitored very closely by Dr. G. This cynical doc, each time quizzes me about my medications I'm on & why I'm not on certain other ones.

In other happy news. Today was my last PIO shot !!!!!  I thought confetti might shoot out of the ceiling or something.. but no, just a happy note that I don't have to do anymore.


So while cleaning my home office yesterday, in preparation for working from home more in the upcoming months, and while dragging my feet about working on taxes/end of the year accounting ( home, business, & non-profit) I found the envelope of all my ultrasounds. So I decided to pull them ALL out & put them in chronological order.. Yes.. all 18 of them  ( note I think I'm missing a couple of weeks ) First one was on 6/17 when I was 6 weeks 3 days.  I hate to throw them ALL away, but what does one do with them ALL?




How far along? 35 Weeks.
Clothing? Still a mix of preg & non pregnancy clothes
Stretch marks? Some
Sleep?  I get up every 2 hours to go to the bathroom & sometimes takes 1/2 hour to go back to sleep & get in the comfy position again. Not looking forward to going back to work on Monday & having to be up early.
Best moment of this week?  Seeing peanuts room almost ready. Crib is put together, rug on floor, newborn clothes washed & out, diapers/wipes bought, bouncer and bassinets assembled.
Worst moment of this week? Feeling bad about how I treated my hubs, when I was on Makena. It was a rough month. I was not a pleasant person to be around. I was downright mean. He has been very helpful lately though, and getting it that our son, can come at any time, and we need to  be "ready".
Miss anything? Pizza. I'm going to admit it. I LOVE pizza. I did get the okay, from the Dr. G, to resume a normal diet, within reason, once I enter the golden doors ( front door of hospital ). So Pizza will be one of the first meals served in our room, there happens to be a carry-out of our favorite pizza close to the hospital. Hubs has been good about not bringing pizza into the house since I can't have it. So he's ready for some too.
Movement? More active in the evening and at night, when it's time to go to bed, but if my husband lays his hand on my belly, peanut stops almost immediately.
Symptoms? No swelling, no pains. Just more & more contractions that I notice.
Food cravings? none.  being good.
Gender? . Boy..
Labor Signs?  nothing serious.
Belly button in or out?  in
Mood?  excited.
Rituals? teasing peanut by tickling where his bottom is in my belly.
Milestones? 35 weeks!! My Dr. is happy ( with my history) that I've made it this far. If labor starts at any time on its own, I will not be stopped. Dr's ideal goal is  past 37 weeks ( Jan 17 )
Looking forward to?  a small shopping trip to the r-us store to pick up some things. ( 1 must have - shampoo/soap )  the rest are things we might want, since we haven't had a shower. 
This week's pregnancy-small-talk-gems (aka things other people say to pregnant ladies without thinking): We'll just ignore this, most people don't think before they talk.
Notes from doctor’s appointment: Peanut is still head down. My cervix is soft, but not dialated. Was noted if dr. pressed on it, it might be open to 1cm.. but good that my cervix is soft. If we have to go the route of induction, it should be relatively easy then.  Oh yeah.. Dr. G gave us permission to DTD.


So hubs & I had a better talk this week about when I'm going back to work. I have money saved so that I can stay home for 12 weeks; but since the winter has been so light-no snow ( not a lot of work for hubs) I may go back at 6 weeks; only if my boss will be flexible knowing that if we get a snow storm, I will work from home that day. If I go back to work right away, at 6 weeks, then twith the money we are saving, we can take the vacation, we didn't get to take this past year, because of all my medical appointments. Peanut can stay at home with hubs until "Spring" truly arrives. which is around April 15.   The daycare we really want, doesn't have an opening til September, as do most other places around here.  So my mom has generously offered to watch peanut. ( she also watches my sisters kids 1-day a week )   Hubs & I want to find a way to be able to not have her watching him 5 days a week. Hubs tries to make his schedule Monday-Thursday working & Friday as a flex day. I will try & see if I can do one day working from home ( Haven't met with the new boss, I was switched right before Xmas break )


So questions ??? Do you know anyone who has purchased their own L&D / birthing gown. Our birth instructor, recommended looking into them to create a different experience for us, from our stillbirth last year. Do you have a brand you recommend ? Since our hospital is rather small, she's worried about things triggering me during birth. ( rooms, staff, hallways, etc ) I'm also bringing some oils to erase the hospital smell from my mind. 

Next question.... Do you know anyone who does customizing on onesies. I wanted to get hubs a cool gift made, something with our company name & newest employee for the little peanut.  Etsy? someone you know ? Leave me a message at luckysunshine25 at gmail dot com  if you know of someone.  --Thanks.



Enough procrastinating, I need to get working on accounting..

4 comments:

  1. Yay for 35 weeks! You're so close!
    Are you making any sort ofbabybook/scrapbook/photo book? You could probably condense the ultrasound photos to one or two pages for that? Or make a cheap shutterfly photo book of the ultrasounds + photos from the hospital and first couple days?
    Don't know anything about custom birthing gowns but I think it's a good idea on your instructors part to change things up. If they're expensive maybe even just get yourself a new nightgown or robe or comfy shirt and sweats to wear? Idk, we didn't make it to the hospital in time for a gown, I think I just wore my underwear and a tank top at home and threw on shorts for the drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie!!..I think my time & motivation will determine if I get a baby book started. When life wasn't so crazy, I liked to scrapbook, I'm staring at a pile of pages done, just need to be put into books. Still pondering on the birth gowns. Can't wait too much longer, or I might not get it in time. I haven't found anywhere local that sells them.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on keeping the GD so well controlled! That is not easy to do and takes a lot of self control. I hope you get just the right amount of snow. Work is good, but obviously last winter was out of control. Glad things are going well! Crazy to think that it's just weeks away now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 35 weeks... you are READY mama!

    ReplyDelete