Saturday, January 31, 2015

By golly I think they GOT it!

I promise I'm working on a post about our birth. Really it's in my draft!!

More interesting at the moment.

 After David's funeral today, my MIL asked how we can fit David & Andrew into the family picture that was taken last year ( the one that caused a huge rift- because of everyone's insensitive nature of our recent loss of Andrew). Even though she is devoutly Catholic & hugely prolife family, she just hadn't grasped, losing a child. She now gets that they are grandchildren, just that they will meet her in heaven one day. I think she got it before, but really gets it now. 

Hubs brother & SIL were kind enough to ask the day before the funeral, if it was okay if they brought their daughter, she is 4 months old. They didn't want to offend by bringing their young daughter. I'm sure they asked , because at Xmas they asked me if I wanted to hold her & I declined.  We told them it was perfectly fine to bring her to the funeral. We just said, we have a hard time hold someone else's child right now. 

I really feel like it was a wonderful day, cold outside, but peaceful, a beautuil tribute to our son. Many faith filled people showed up to support us. Many shared stories of losing A child, but couldn't imagine losing   4, and still be faith filled. 

I will share the beautiful homily later. 

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to David in this way today, but I am so grateful for your beautiful witness of faith that others are seeing, and it's great that your MIL finally gets it in a new way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of and praying for you today. So glad everything went as well as possible. REST and let others take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about you a lot today. I am so glad that your MIL talked to you about Andrew and David. Hopefully this will lead to some healing on that side of your family, goodness knows they have put you through a lot in the last few years. I am looking forward to hearing about the homily. What songs did you end up picking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh praise God!! I am so glad that today went well and that your inlaws are beginning to grasp the situation a little better! I am too am looking forward to the homily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Cold, but peaceful". What a very poignant way to describe it. I find myself wondering if David has just gotten started with teaching your MIL about the humanity of her grandchildren. Rest in peace, sweet baby boy. Looking forward to your birth story and the homily from the funeral. Prayers for continued peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that your family is being sensitive. I am still in awe of you and your husbands faith after losing four little ones. I'm glad your MIL wants to honor David and Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your MIL gets it, though it sucks that it took this for her to get it :-( I'll never forget getting a group text from my FIL in response to someone asking if Maria and her cousin L would be the first grandchildren- he said no they are #3&4... Which would mean our Gabriel was counted as #1.

    ReplyDelete