Wednesday, February 4, 2015

6 Weeks..

So this time around, I was granted 6 weeks of  Maternity Leave, for the birth of David.  When I had Andrew, I was not granted any leave.. ( I worked from home for approx 2 weeks ).

So what do you do on leave, when you don't have a newborn to care for?

I'm already going crazy, not being able to work...  Yeah I know I must be sick or something, but when that's all I know, it's hard to sit around & do nothing.

So I'm sure I've broken most of the, discharge instructions from the hospital;
-No lifting heavier than a gallon of milk ( so I guess grocery shopping was bad -but we needed food )
- Rest & relax. I've made it out to some type of store everyday ( only place warm ) to get out & walk. Too cold outside for exercise
-Driving ( if on pain meds) - so I've avoided pain meds so I can drive. 
-shoveling snow. I'm sure they wouldn't approve of that either. 

Sitting was super uncomfortable with  my episiotomy sutures. So I have been up & mobile. As I'm typing in the chair, I'm sitting on a big pillow ( still )

No air travel - so instead of going South to vacation, I sent my mom South, but in order to do that, I am taking her babysitting days with my nephews. Today, was the first day with them. I will only be with them 2 days a week. 
Trying out the flap hat. We just got a fresh coat of snow, hey we might even go sledding later this week. 

I have one month of tax info to finish, for the home business; but once that's done.. ???

Maybe some scrapping I've had waiting???

Thank you cards .. I've been working on them and almost done. 

DVD series we got for Christmas.. But requires sitting. 

but once those are done,, what to do?

I'm hoping to get early clearance to vacation/use a pool. I've been looking at a little vacation, before I head back. But of not? Maybe I'll paint the bathroom, or kitchen. 

What's been even worse this week, is we've hand so much snow, hubs has been working crazy hours. I'm the day shift , so I deal with all the crazy calls dayside, but also means I'm alone all night. Hopefully this is the last night of snow , for 2 days. 

Suggestions what to fill my six weeks with? 

Either that or a paint color for my kitchen? For the soffit. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the paint the bathroom or kitchen idea :) I would probably bake a lot and read. A little vacation sounds like a good idea so, I hope they give you clearance for that! I would also volunteer with/go visit some nuns but that's because I have them close by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be hard for me to know what to do with so much time too. Maybe find some good books to read. Hope u can get away for a vacation.

    ReplyDelete