Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hope for humanity

I ventured out today.. Unusual occurrence lately.

Had lunch with a dear friend from work.. It was weird to be hearing all the "gossip" from work, not being around it all day.

She asked what I'd been up to, & I went thru my exciting week, home, stay home, pick up the nephews from school, try to stay warm. I mentioned my day of returns. She said she would have done it if I had asked. I said, it's just one of those things I needed to do.

She had an interesting story; she and another lady made the returns of the gifts they had purchased for my shower at work. They had purchased a mix of stuff from our registry store & some from another smaller store. 

So when they went to the smaller store, the people asked Why? they were returning.. she went into the details-- the person returned the clothes and gave them the $$ back. Then proceeded to give her the clothes she returned & said would you please donate them to a pregnancy organization in their memory.

I was shocked..

I'm confident their still are good people in the world .

8 comments:

  1. That brought tears to my eyes. Hope for humanity, indeed! Thank you for sharing that wonderful little tidbit. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute for David. Brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful gift in honor of David ~ what a good heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to David.

    ReplyDelete