Sunday, February 8, 2015

Unexpected results

I, like many have  struggled with my weight since college.
 
I should clarify,  maybe poor food choices. I have always been active.  Just not in a way my doctor would consider active, but throughout this pregnancy, I think he became a believer of sorts.  I have worked outside doing landscaping since I graduated high school. I played soccer in high school and thru college.
 
I can't say I have abs to be proud of, but can spend hours bending, lifting, and squatting, better than most.
 
So while pregnant with David, I found out I was gestational diabetic, I drastically changed my diet to avoid insulin. I have kept up, for the most part,  those diet changes postpartum. I also never slowed down during pregnancy,  I still worked, within reason throughout pregnancy.
With David's pregnancy, my weight gain bounced around,  but at the highest was only 8lbs, but before birth, I was only 5 lbs over my starting weight.
 
So I'm 2 1/2 weeks postpartum and am down 20 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight. I honestly don't know what to attribute the weight loss to. It's so cold, so I'm not out walking  miles around the block. Although I do try to go to a store to walk once a day, but no Power walking.
I can see the difference in my face,  but I accept, I will have the saggy areas, from 3 pregnancies.  (BB's, tummy, etc)
 
So does anyone have any secrets, to firming up some of the saggy areas,  or exercise for postpartum. 
 
I've also promised the hubs, I'm not shopping for any clothes, til I go back to work, literally still wearing elastic everything, cuz the fitted pants I have are all too big now.

No comments:

Post a Comment