The day I had David, was also the same day my "surprise" baby shower was happening at work. I found out about it at the hospital; I was so worried about an appointment that hubs was going to have to reschedule and he finally fessed up that; the appointment didn't have to be rescheduled; that the appointment he had was to come to my work for the "surprise". I was touched, that they had kept it a secret & had invited him. I also work with a bunch of people spread out across the US, so when we arrived home from the hospital, we had a few gifts from around the country waiting for us.
The generous ladies & gents at work, returned everything they had purchased, and gave us the $$$ to use for whatever we needed.
The few items we got in the mail, I let those people know, I would be returning& they would receive a credit, to their credit card. Initially when I called the store, I explained my situation to the "manager" at the time. He didn't seem to get it & said well bring it all back & we'll issue you gift cards. Hmm maybe you're not getting it, I'm returning, because my son passed away. I really have no need for a gift card to your baby store right now! Thankfully after that initial conversation a week ago, I called their customer service, talked to a special person who "got it". She Set it up so all I had to do was go into the store & have the store call & verify, that I brought it all back. I finally got the 3rd person at the store to "get it". Who once she figured out what she was doing. Started crying, which made me cry. So I showed her a picture of David, she said he looked so sweet. Totally not what I expected from a big box store clerk, but still touching.
Tomorrow, I will venture out to the pregnancy resource center to donate, diapers, wipes, etc. We also chose this place to make memorial donations in David's honor.
We haven't given up on TTC again. We haven't taken down any of the baby items we have put together, like crib, just have the door shut, one day, I'll be able to open the door, just not today.
You are such a strong woman. **Hugs**
ReplyDeleteThanks Maria !
DeleteSuch a sweet group of co-workers for keeping the shower a secret and for organizing it ~ it had to be so hard to make people understand what happened when you were trying to make your returns. <3 As always, keeping you in prayer, my friend. <3
ReplyDeleteThanks A!
DeleteYour bravery amazes me. Offering some very difficult suffering for your peace of heart.
ReplyDeleteThanks C.
DeleteYou have a beautiful spirit.
ReplyDeleteThanks Nicole.
DeleteThank God for those understanding employees. Keeping you in prayers this morning.
ReplyDeleteThanks Madeline
DeleteI agree with Maria. You are a strong woman! Hugs! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephanie.
DeleteThat must have been so hard. You are such a brave woman and I admire you for giving to a crisis pregnancy center to help women choose life. (((Hugs))) and prayers to you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kat.. Long story, til I blog about it ( down the road ). When I found out David had no heartbeat, a 19 week pregnant woman was calling into the Nurse at the hospital, looking to abort her child. The nurse was just mortified, they aren't allowed to give them referrals. The sweet nurse, said what she wanted to say, is there is a woman in my office right now, who is losing her child & would gladly take your child if you don't want it, but 19 weeks, what is growing inside you is a baby. It just hurt us to the core, that people still find abortion an option. So making donations to save babies at the crisis pregnancy center was most important to us.
Delete