When our losses happen, I've tried to stay upbeat, and be grateful for the time- be it short- that we had with our boys.
I was lucky enough twice to meet my boys in a hospital room, seeing their tiny bodies, their faces, their hands, feet, hair, how much they looked like their dad.
Each time I wrote my doctor and thanked them for taking excellent care of me.
I never complained, or threatened lawsuits ( which is what some support groups were all about )
I was thankful for a new day, and a kind hearted husband who was willing to try again, after so much pain, and willing to put up with me through another painful pregnancy.
I was thankful for a wonderful specialist office whose staff made me laugh each time I visited, even though I often grumbled, I looked forward to my weekly visits.
I am always thankful for my faith and the community who supported us during times of loss, and during times of joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment