Wednesday, May 1, 2013

5 Fav's

1.--New shoes, in trendy nude color. they are super glossy & no heel !!
( can't wear heels, because of some unnecessary foot surgery in the past )

2. Day 4 of the week w/ the monkeys. They truly are fun to have around. I feel like I have learned a new language this week. 3 yr old SSs's & Rrrr's & LLL's that don't pronounce good & 16 month old squeals & everything sounds like Daaaa or DUCKKK.  So E ( 3yr old ) asks uncle "muck" ( mike) if he can go for a ride in his "duck" ( truck) , having not mastered the special language, uncle muck tells E that the Duck is sleeping & we'll find him tomorrow..  I guess I'll have to deal w/ the duck/truck drama tonight.. E really wants to ride in a "truck" & uncle muck conveniently has lots to choose from.  We'll see if uncle Muck will take us to the shop & let us sit in some trucks.. cuz little E would be elated.

3.  I pad-- well more like - I-babysiter this week, has allowed me showers in the morning..

4.pizza tonight.. so I let E pick out the menu this week & he loves, loves,, loves my homemade pizza. so much he won't eat from a pizza parlor.  I haven't had it in a long while, while trying to avoid dairy/gluten .. so tonight might be interesting (tummy issues)

5.--Our Produce CSA starts up this week!! We purchased a "produce share" from a farm for the season. In return for our share, we get each week a portion of the bounty from the weeks harvest. The farm we bought into uses organic practices, and offers us other things we can purchase in addition to our produce, like pasture raised chickens, eggs, beef, ducks, pork, etc. In peak season we receive an overflowing bushel box of produce each week. It is nice knowing that what we are eating came LOCAL ,didn't travel far &wreck the environment getting to us, is supporting a local mennonite family. I receive produce in the weekly box, that I might not normally buy, but this forces me to try new things & experiment in the kitchen. Our farmers are always willing to tell us how to prepare something if we are unfamiliar with the produce.  If you want more info on what a CSA is check out this page. CSA

5 comments:

  1. My company does a CSA through work and we are signing up this year! But it doesn't start until June 8. But it does run through the end of September. Good luck with the pizza. My #2 has a gluten sensitivity and whenever she has pizza or pasta without drinking enough water, her tummy hurts for a day or two. At least you'll know what's causing it if it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our CSA goes first weekend in May thru end of October. We are in MI.. so our growing season is short, but the farmers we have, start plants/and grow some early crops in hoop houses ( heated ) to get a jump on the season.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, I love homemade pizza. I've got some gluten free pizza crusts in my fridge...I think I will make myself pizza tomorrow night and hope that those crusts are good! (The bagels and bread of the same brand are good, so there's hope. It's Udi's if you're interested).

    Enjoy your time with the boys :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought GF pizza crusts last trip to Whole Foods, but will wait til the monkeys are gone, because I want to make it without cheese. I bought some Udi bread too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shoes are CUTE!!! I can't wear heels either. But it has to do with how clumsy I am walking. :-D I've sprained both ankles numerous times & stress fractured my right ankle 3 years ago. Ever since, I'm afraid of too big of heels. Those shoes look perfect!
    Aren't iPads the best??!!?? :-) Oh, gosh, how did we survive childhood? Our parents must have not had any time to themselves. LOL
    Your local produce sounds great! I'm checking out the CSA link.

    ReplyDelete