Linking up with Stephanie at Blessed to Be.. for my first little happies.
1. I bought a new book for myself this weekend, I skimmed it very quickly. I have my eye on a few recipes in it already. 1) Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes (need pumpkin to make them ) 2) Grilled Butternut Squash & Pineapple. YUMM I made it last night, without using the butter or ghee. 3) Ghee - I will expand on it a little more later, but kinda excited to make my own.
2. Nature box .. Found an awesome deal on it, not sure who's going to be the recipient of it yet.
3. Getting to see my little niece at the end of the week, she's coming here vs. us flying there.
4. Someone in my family is working on geneology & traced my dad's family back to 1700's in massachusetts. Aparently the family was in charge of some flag & there are many places out that way with our family name on it ( libraries, schools, etc )
5. The village is watching my nephews this coming week. You ask what's a village.. Well I was supposed to be busy with work, so my youngest sister & my niece are flying in to help, the boys will stay with my mom, but can run her out really easily.. so I'll have to be reinforcement in the evenings. You know help with baths, brushing teeth & getting them to bed, things that can tire anyone out. Will post pictures for next week happies !


Yay!! Thanks for joining in. This is a wonderful first list! I love that you get to include seeing your niece this week. Spending time with little relatives is always a blast. Also, genealogy is so cool! It's neat how far back you can trace your family. And to have the family name on important buildings, how cool! Those recipes sound great, btw. Would love to hear how the ghee turns out. I've always though about using it, but then get lazy and just use butter instead. Ha!
ReplyDeleteI'll update on the Paleo ghee, after I try it.. So far this week has been crazy, so no time in the kitchen to "play"
DeleteThat paleo book looks like it could have some good stuff! Enjoy the family!
ReplyDeleteReally like the book so far. Found it at C.ostco. for about 1/2 off the published price.
DeleteLooking forward to your pictures of adventures with your nephews! Glad you're joining Steph in this series!
ReplyDeleteThanks. Will post pictures next week.
DeleteThat's really neat about the genealogy. Have you ever travelled to visit the part of MA where your family is from?
ReplyDeleteThe pumpkin pancakes sound super yummy!
I have not been to the city with our family history, but it's interesting, because my youngest sister moved to the "area" about 3 years ago, so the joke now, is she's back in the family roots. Next time we go to visit her, I'm sure we'll take a visit to the "homestead"
Delete