Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Cousin

I found out that Andrew & Sammy had a cousin join them in heaven today.


I am sad, that my sister has to endure the pain of a miscarriage.

I am glad that I can be there to answer all of her questions.

I am mad that her local doctors office, chose to hide information from her.

I am sad that she had to find out that her child had no heartbeat,2 hours away from home.

I am mad that she lives so far away.

I feel her pain, that she had to undergo a procedure with no anesthesia.

I am angry, that science can find ways to easily end babies lives, but can't find a way to keep them alive.

I am sad, that I am the only one, besides her husband, who knows. I feel like I am grieving for about 100 people right now.

I'm confident that Andrew & Sammy are showing their cousin the playground & their grandpa is there watching over them.



I ask you to say a prayer for women who suffer miscarriages in silence.



Why is it that our society can talk about abortions and gay marriage, but we can't talk about babies lost to miscarriage.
 

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. You are absolutely right with everything you say here. I wish science had more answers for miscarriages. I wish we could talk more about things that really matter in society. Saying prayers for those who suffer silent miscarriages tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. Please know of my prayers for your sister.

    I just said to a priest today, how it's so inconsistent how we have prayer vigils outside abortion clinics, but when a woman has a miscarriage, we act like it's not a big deal. Are we pro - life or just anti - abortion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrible news, I will definitely say prayers for her. It is a very lonely feeling--prayer is the only thing that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saying a prayer for all of those who have suffered a miscarriage. It's a blessing your sister has you to answer questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your sister's loss :( miscarriage sucks. I will keep her in prayer.

    ReplyDelete